Curly Tales: Shivam Bhardwaj, The Guy In A Skirt Is Here To Shatter Gender Norms In Fashion

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Curly Tales: Shivam Bhardwaj, The Guy In A Skirt Is Here To Shatter Gender Norms In Fashion

Post by Coder »

https://curlytales.com/shivam-bhardwaj- ... n-fashion/

Well, this is sort of MIS-adjacent, maybe a bit further than we push boundaries, but still... a guy advocating to degendering fashion.
Midas
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Curly Tales: Shivam Bhardwaj, The Guy In A Skirt Is Here To Shatter Gender Norms In Fashion

Post by Midas »

The article refers to him as a ‘queer influencer’. I don’t think that’s us. We advocate the wearing of skirts and dresses by ‘normal’ men.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Curly Tales: Shivam Bhardwaj, The Guy In A Skirt Is Here To Shatter Gender Norms In Fashion

Post by Coder »

Midas wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:08 pm The article refers to him as a ‘queer influencer’. I don’t think that’s us. We advocate the wearing of skirts and dresses by ‘normal’ men.
That's what I meant by MIS-adjacent. His influencing isn't 100% this groups MO, but I think there is a similar message re:degender clothes.
steamman

Post by steamman »

If you don’t have an instagram account it’s worth getting one just to see some of this guy’s videos.

Some of his outfits are utterly amazing. I couldn’t care less that he is queer, anyone who aims to normalise MIS is doing good work.
Midas
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Midas »

But he’s not normalising it, but selling it to his limited target audience.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Midas wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:08 pm We advocate the wearing of skirts and dresses by ‘normal’ men.
I get you Midas but lots of folks would consider that as self-contradictory, oxymoronic even?
Queer, meaning gay or just plain weird will be applied to men wearing skirts for a long time yet I'm afraid to say.
Steve.
steamman

Post by steamman »

What people choose to wear has nothing to do with their sexuality. So why do we have a problem with a queer individual promoting it? They are just as “normal” as anyone else.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I think that applying the term normal to an individual person is inappropriate as all individuals have their own complex mix of personality traits and interests.
Applying the term normal to fashion is superfluous language as the definition of fashion is "the prevailing style". At worst, all we could be accused of currently by wearing a skirt is being unfashionable.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia