Man’s World India: The Re-Rise of Androgynous Fashion

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Man’s World India: The Re-Rise of Androgynous Fashion

Post by Coder »

https://www.mansworldindia.com/currente ... h-and-dot/
Looking at the bigger picture, Gujral feels androgynous wear is here to stay as the future of fashion will be built on the ethos on inclusivity. “Experimentation and inclusivity are key, for any clothing brand, in terms of sizes, silhouettes, styles, and even fabrics to survive and navigate the rapidly evolving fashion industry. The onus is now on fashion labels to evolve with the changing times, and keep their work inclusive while striving to build a larger tent that includes everybody, no matter their demographics,” concludes Gujral.
The first photo is obviously a ridiculous example of fashion show outfits, the rest are just “traditional” silhouettes done up in bright colors, but the article mentions skirts being seen and the west having some influence on the Indian market.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Man’s World India: The Re-Rise of Androgynous Fashion

Post by Barleymower »

Coder wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:41 am
The first photo is obviously a ridiculous example of fashion show outfits, the rest are just “traditional” silhouettes done up in bright colors, but the article mentions skirts being seen and the west having some influence on the Indian market.

I read the article and there seems to be some movement in India just like here.
I have been looking at some Indian fashions (ish)..it's started out well but has left me feeling awkward and pushed back into my frame. Whatever direction we take, we meet the same barriers. Here's what happened.
I was looking at magic skirts. I thought they looked really cool and suited my line in comfort

A feminine look I agree, but with an open mind could look really good. It's only a two layered long wrap skirt. It"s pictured worn as a halter neck but can be worn as a skirt or 20 other ways.
You can't buy it though. I contacted the sellers and they don't sell in the UK and don't ship.
The nearest thing is a saree skirt.

Why not? I think it's a thing of beauty. Hang on, it's nice so bound to be off limits. Sure enough, Indians are just as bigoted. Wear it and you will be called Hijra. Sigh.
Then I saw something that just 12months ago I would have said FO of handed a pair. Alladin pants. I've changed my mind, might just the thing for my beach holiday in April.
Then as soon as some colour is added, they label it women's

What is androgynous? Something with a bit of colour? So I'll just wear what I want and not waste to much time worrying about it
Screenshot_20230317_215115_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20230317_230828_Files by Google~2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.