Denim skirt from Benetton

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Denim skirt from Benetton

Post by new2skirts »

gender free universe wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:54 am I think Benetton is trying too hard to make the skirt look suitable for men. Instead of a kilt-like design with pleats at the back and a wrapped front, they should have, as others have pointed out, considered a more normal and functional skirt, as already available for women and just offer that in men's sizes.
Even a jeans skirt or combat skirt (straight design, slit at back) will do. Everyone knows what a kilt is, Benetton's offering has thin straps that look like they will break any moment. Those pleats won't last long... :roll:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
ScotL
Chatbot

Re: Denim skirt from Benetton

Post by ScotL »

gender free universe wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:54 am I think Benetton is trying too hard to make the skirt look suitable for men. Instead of a kilt-like design with pleats at the back and a wrapped front, they should have, as others have pointed out, considered a more normal and functional skirt, as already available for women and just offer that in men's sizes.
I don’t blame them for trying. I doubt they have a designer who is actually a skirt wearing man. So they’re guessing. All the more need for us to leave accurate reviews with constructive criticism if warranted. There’s this thing that even if the person knows you’re kissing their backside, it still works.