Herald Sun: Straight blokes embracing make-up and skirts

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Herald Sun: Straight blokes embracing make-up and skirts

Post by Coder »

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victo ... 90abfa2b19
Mascara, nail polish and skirts are becoming more mainstream for straight Aussie guys, with predictions male make-up “will be completely normal” before long.
Could be an interesting read, could be the typical stuff we see written (men will be wearing skirts next summer - we guarantee!). But we'll never know - it requires a subscription.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Herald Sun: Straight blokes embracing make-up and skirts

Post by new2skirts »

Coder wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:35 am https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victo ... 90abfa2b19
Mascara, nail polish and skirts are becoming more mainstream for straight Aussie guys, with predictions male make-up “will be completely normal” before long.
Could be an interesting read, could be the typical stuff we see written (men will be wearing skirts next summer - we guarantee!). But we'll never know - it requires a subscription.
The paywall is as tight as the skirt I wore to work yesterday :lol:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
steamman

Post by steamman »

The uk daily mail has published it or a version of it. Some interesting comments, the “ahh yes , celebrities might do this ,but not in the real world”
Brad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Brad »

I've been using clear nail polish for years. And I started using concealer to hide a surgical scar on my face.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Coder wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:35 am https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victo ... 90abfa2b19
You do see these taglines a lot. “Mainstream this summer” or “this is the year men start wearing skirts”.

None of us are surprised when fashion articles prove to be not omniscient but it makes me wonder of the possibility that if it’s said often enough, then it may come true.

In no way does a thing like “men will be wearing skirts” get said once and stick. As in a royal decree that all the serfs must listen to.

But I saw an article on the Golden Globes. I usually couldn’t give a rats backside about this stuff my the tagline mentioned Billy Porter. Who as I’m sure most of us know, wore a tuxedo gown years ago to another self congratulatory gala. Well, he did again along with another guy who wore a skirt over pants and well, it didn’t garner the same fanfare. Porters outfit was described as just that. A tuxedo gown and not “OMG he’s wearing a dress.” Like it wasn’t a big deal. That’s progress