Legit: Wedding Fashion: Daring Groomsmen Sport Yellow Skirts at Ceremony in Asaba`

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Legit: Wedding Fashion: Daring Groomsmen Sport Yellow Skirts at Ceremony in Asaba`

Post by Coder »

https://www.legit.ng/entertainment/fash ... ony-asaba/

I saw this a few days ago and wasn't going to post it - men wearing kilts to a wedding is not totally unheard of, and if we posted each one they would fill the board with noise. However, this came up in search results again and I gave it a bit more thought. They are wearing skirts - not kilts - although the intention probably was "kilt". The main reason I wanted to post it was because I think they did a good job of matching jacket length to skirt, and even the sock/footwear combos were't too off the mark.
ScotL
Chatbot

Re: Legit: Wedding Fashion: Daring Groomsmen Sport Yellow Skirts at Ceremony in Asaba`

Post by ScotL »

I think they meant to wear skirts and not a kilt cause they don’t look like any kilt I’ve ever seen. Closest I’ve seen is the orange saffron Irish kilt but the ears are only in the back.

I think the story changes the name to kilt because it’s ok for men to wear kilts. Even though a kilt is a skirt. It’s stupid, but powerful semantics.

I think it’s awesome. I suspect there’s some heat where they are and I bet the groom wishes he had followed suit.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Legit: Wedding Fashion: Daring Groomsmen Sport Yellow Skirts at Ceremony in Asaba`

Post by Sinned »

Kilts, skirts, what does it matter? I do think that the white/yellow outfits look stunning. I'm jealous, especially with my penchant for yellow.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Sinned wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:45 am Kilts, skirts, what does it matter? I do think that the white/yellow outfits look stunning. I'm jealous, especially with my penchant for yellow.
No wearing some bright yellow pumps to match would have made them totally rock. Just my thoughts anyway!
Regardless - they were neatly coordinated and it looked grand.

Cheers
NZF