WWD: Prabal, Aurora Vice Chairs of CFDA, Karla Welch’s Amazon Picks, Warner Bros.’ New Team

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

WWD: Prabal, Aurora Vice Chairs of CFDA, Karla Welch’s Amazon Picks, Warner Bros.’ New Team

Post by Coder »

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/prabal- ... 00459.html

This is tangentially interesting - a celebrity stylist has this to say about the recent skirted celebrities:
Welch explained she’s excited to see more risk-taking on the red carpet, naming actress Taylor Russell as one celebrity she’s excited to see. The stylist also noted she’s interested to see what male celebrities bring to the red carpet after the last few years of men’s fashion trends becoming more bold and couture-like.

“Men were really drivers of fashion for a beat there, especially street style and that became a little bit more couture,” Welch said. “It was this whole beautiful embrace of a little bit more men showing up, but I love it. I also love just a beautiful, classic tuxedo, but I’m all for it. I hope to see more men in dresses and skirts. That’s my dream.”
She appears to have a tiny collab with Amazon Style, a luxury wing of Amazon, and I kind of doubt it will have any far-reaching impacts on MIS.