Notre Dame Magazine: What I’m Reading: Skirts, Kimberly Chrisman-Campbell

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Notre Dame Magazine: What I’m Reading: Skirts, Kimberly Chrisman-Campbell

Post by Coder »

https://magazine.nd.edu/stories/what-im ... -campbell/

This book really caused a bit of press. Periodically I see articles on this book, here's another one. The writer of the news story (looks more like a blog for Notre Dame Magazine) wears kilts.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Notre Dame Magazine: What I’m Reading: Skirts, Kimberly Chrisman-Campbell

Post by Sinned »

How can skirts be considered garb for females or women when so many no longer wear them? Let us pick up what they are discarding.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Sinned wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:11 pm How can skirts be considered garb for females or women when so many no longer wear them? Let us pick up what they are discarding.
Amen!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Coder wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:54 am
Sinned wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:11 pm How can skirts be considered garb for females or women when so many no longer wear them? Let us pick up what they are discarding.
Amen!
Because that is just too simple is why, us humans seem to relish making things harder on each other.
What a woman chooses to wear is of no consequence and I certainly don't pick up the "leftovers"
Men have to realise that they can wear what they wish, when they wish and where they wish!
Steve.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Amen.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

STEVIE wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:18 am Because that is just too simple is why, us humans seem to relish making things harder on each other.
What a woman chooses to wear is of no consequence and I certainly don't pick up the "leftovers"
Men have to realise that they can wear what they wish, when they wish and where they wish!
Steve.
Excellent perspective. I’m content with table scraps, but it’s a terrible way to look at it. I suspect my and others attitudes come from stoicism which is taught to us at an early age and throughout our lives.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

Men are simple creatures. The average guy would find that women like seeing men in kilts. Lads wear what wins them favor with lasses, even if the lasses are wearing the pants.
He's not wrong! :lol:
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I wear dresses to church much more frequently than most women in my church. Overwhelmingly the women wear trousers (pants).

John
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

FLbreezy wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:02 pm
Men are simple creatures. The average guy would find that women like seeing men in kilts. Lads wear what wins them favor with lasses, even if the lasses are wearing the pants.
He's not wrong! :lol:
He certainly is not, but he also is underlining the perceived difference between a Kilt and a skirt.
NB, perceived is very very important here.
Kilt=Ooh Ooh La La, Skirt/Guy=Ooh Ha Ha.
Where does anyone really think the favor will land?
Steve.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

Kilts are a good gateway drug for full-on skirting, we needn't harp on that one too much.

Amazon gifted me a free Kindle copy of this one, I'm looking forward to reading it over the holidays.