History

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: History

Post by crfriend »

STEVIE wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:37 amWhile things aren't so good here, they are not at the level of the United States. Frankly, if the situation in the Ukraine fully escalates the Hierarchy of Needs will be experienced at it's most fundamental level. However, one can only live in hope that maybe for once Mankind will pay heed to history and learn before it is too late.
The sad thing is that those in power typically do not heed history.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

STEVIE wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:37 am
Barleymower wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:58 pm ALLWAYS READ THE LABEL.
......and I bet no one will.
crfriend wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:06 pm I'm growing increasingly certain that it's the overall level of stress that we're all being subjected to because society -- as we know it -- is in the process of collapsing under economic pressures and the havoc that causes
While things aren't so good here, they are not at the level of the United States. Frankly, if the situation in the Ukraine fully escalates the Hierarchy of Needs will be experienced at it's most fundamental level. However, one can only live in hope that maybe for once Mankind will pay heed to history and learn before it is too late.
Meantime, all I can do is change what I can and make most of what I have.
Oh, and have some fun along the way too. "It takes so long to figure out just what I'm going to wear, just another manic ..........y"
Yup and I may be late too, but that's life.
Steve.
Crisis? What Crisis?
Screenshot_20221213-201509_Photos.jpg
Back from the seamstress in record time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
familyman34
Distinguished Member

Post by familyman34 »

Barleymower wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:58 pm
Stevie, All those fantastic pictures of men and women in each others clothes. Posing, getting married, getting drunk or muddy. It reminds me of the blade runner quote "all these moments will be lost in time like tears in rain".

Looking all the pictures Stevie has found wether real or photoshoped makes me think we are just another group finding our way just like them.
For a more current look at this fashion, do a web search using the string "couples swapping clothing".
With Duckduckgo, and choosing the "images" results tab, I got many paired views of couples. But none from pre-WW2.
Familyman34
familyman34
Distinguished Member

Post by familyman34 »

Since my posting 20 minutes ago, I've found some older pictures:
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/MykalaALove/gender-swap/
Familyman34
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

familyman34 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:11 am
Barleymower wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:58 pm
Stevie, All those fantastic pictures of men and women in each others clothes. Posing, getting married, getting drunk or muddy. It reminds me of the blade runner quote "all these moments will be lost in time like tears in rain".

Looking all the pictures Stevie has found wether real or photoshoped makes me think we are just another group finding our way just like them.
For a more current look at this fashion, do a web search using the string "couples swapping clothing".
With Duckduckgo, and choosing the "images" results tab, I got many paired views of couples. But none from pre-WW2.
I looked and it was wonderful to see.