Moving to Pensacola

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Moving to Pensacola

Post by FLbreezy »

moonshadow wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:55 am Personally, if I had to choose a warm state, New Mexico would be on my radar. They seem pretty quiet for the most part. Florida just ends up on the news too often for my taste...
Part of that is because we have certain open records laws here, so it's very easy for news media to troll databases for silly crimes that fit the "Florida Man" meme. We're also a very populous state with a governor who wants to run for President so his stupid face is plastered all over the media for his antics. Outside of Key West, the Tampa Bay area is probably the most accepting of different cultures, followed by Orlando and the college towns. Pensacola is a military town because of the big Navy and Air Force bases, but I haven't spent any time there to actually see what it's like.

My area is fairly sparsely populated and there's a certain friendly politeness among everyone I've met, except for a few "kill all Democrats" bumper stickers on pickup trucks. :shock: I'm a little more worried about Facebook-warrior suburban moms, honestly...it's easy to get them riled up into culture war nonsense without much critical thinking being involved.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

FLbreezy wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:25 pm I've met, except for a few "kill all Democrats" bumper stickers on pickup trucks
...how pro-life of them... :roll:
FLbreezy wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:25 pm I'm a little more worried about Facebook-warrior suburban moms, honestly...it's easy to get them riled up into culture war nonsense without much critical thinking being involved
Yeah, I'm waiting on that cancer to infect Northern Virginia... currently NOVA is the only voting bloc that keeps Virginia politically balanced. If not for them we'd rival anything Tennessee or Florida could muster regarding authoritarianism.

But we'd still have those damned car inspections though... we'll never be libertarian enough to get rid of those...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:26 pm What ever happened to justice being blind?
You killed someone, guilty. Race, sex, orientation, other such factors should be irrelevant.
Justice tries to be blind, but the news doesn't. The more often something happens, the less often it's in the news. Basically, if it happens on the news, the chance it affects you personally is almost zero.

Which is why I don't bother with the news very often.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

rode_kater wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:27 pm
Justice tries to be blind, but the news doesn't. The more often something happens, the less often it's in the news. Basically, if it happens on the news, the chance it affects you personally is almost zero.

Which is why I don't bother with the news very often.
In a thread about moving to Florida, I'd think bothering to watch the track of hurricanes could be useful news.