Icon-Icon: The men’s fashion trends for spring-summer 2023

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Icon-Icon: The men’s fashion trends for spring-summer 2023

Post by new2skirts »

Coder wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:40 pm
familyman34 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:11 pm There was a long (15 pages) blog about Mark Bryan on MumsNet, starting in October 2020 https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/womens_rig ... der?page=1.
Most of the comments seem to be from UK-based women, and are generally rather critical.
Wow, mixed opinions for sure. Some pretty nasty opinions.
Users on Mumsnet are very angry for a multitude of reasons... you should see the Relationships threads where they can chart someone's marriage from initial suspicion and upset, to revenge, lawyers, divorce and getting the house over 40 pages :shock: and the Feminism pages are even worse. Some of the comments acknowledged Mark's great fashion sense, many liked his cute tush :oops: and can see fashion is changing.

TBH yet to see many more skirted around these parts, but I don't get the same reactions as I used to when out and about. Skirts slowly trickling into shops by mainstream designers like Adidas might prompt some to buy a skirt when the weather warms up :wink:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

new2skirts wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:01 am Users on Mumsnet are very angry for a multitude of reasons
How unfortunate for them...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
steamman

Post by steamman »

I wouldn’t take much notice of women on mumsnet, they have issues with themselves.

Out in the real world, you will find different and more open attitudes. I was out and about yesterday and although a bit off topic, I’ve always been curious about what wearing latex is like , so I decided to try some on. It wasn’t for me, but the girl who helped me in the shop told me she thought men looked great in skirts and more should wear them. Her attitude was basically that everyone should wear whatever they want! It’s that simple and it’s how I choose to live now. She had some nice high heels for sale which I admired and when I told her I wear them, that was another tick in the box.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

moonshadow wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:55 pm I believe the real reason for these fears are simply prejudice against people with male anatomy that are feminine [woman] gender (a.k.a. transgender women).
There, fixed it for you.

When men "step out of line" in any way, all heck breaks loose. Women get suspicious, men step in (often on their behalf, but not always) and put the guy back in his place.

No idea how to stop this dynamic on a large scale, I just try not to be "that guy" who enforces this crap, and do my thing skirted sometimes, not caring what most people think.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Dust wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:03 am No idea how to stop this dynamic on a large scale, I just try not to be "that guy" who enforces this crap, and do my thing skirted sometimes, not caring what most people think.
That's really all we can do.... just live our lives as best we can and try to rise above the noise.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.