Why Men Stopped Wearing Skirts

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Why Men Stopped Wearing Skirts

Post by Coder »

Barleymower wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:36 pm I think you are right not to give them you patronage. There must be a lot of air rifle clubs to join.
I still went a few more times, but I was more annoyed at the condition of the air rifles than his comment :P I laughed to myself at the time - what would he have thought had I worn a skirt to the range? A kilt - they'd probably accept that begrudgingly.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Coder wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:04 pm
Barleymower wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:36 pm I think you are right not to give them you patronage. There must be a lot of air rifle clubs to join.
I still went a few more times, but I was more annoyed at the condition of the air rifles than his comment :P I laughed to myself at the time - what would he have thought had I worn a skirt to the range? A kilt - they'd probably accept that begrudgingly.
Cool. He's still a bag of d***s😀
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re:Barleymower & friend

Post by Grok »

I don't know about pretty, but good looking is in reach for men. For example, I have a black Mocker variant of a Utilikilt. A handsome garment.

(Which I can no longer wear-it seems to have shrunk in width, along with half the clothes in my closet).
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

STEVIE wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:42 am
Coder wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:21 pm I don't hate the guy - but it did make me less inclined to go.
Coder, the idea of picking on/bullying someone with a firearm seems rather unwise to me. Just as well that you don't "hate" the guy.
Barleymower wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:33 pm F and I were trying on her old dresses together earlier. They all looked atrocious on me
I could use some R and R of that sort right now, sounds like fun. I have had a bit of a run in with my daughter over Dad's latest venture to extend the skirted borders for guys. The big disappointment is that I felt we were making progress but perhaps that was blind optimism on my part.
Anyway, it is what it is, my plans don't change.
"Atrocious", don't be too hard on yourself, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Stevie, is the run in with your daughter to do with the meeting with the reporter on the 14th January? What happened?
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

Barleymower wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:36 pm We have all seen it, the way men can insult other men. Why do they do it? I think it makes them feel more manly.
I saw this fairly often when I was a Boy Scout (assistant) leader. Thankfully not directed at the boys, just other men.
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

In Scotland men insult each other all the time. We only do it to people we like and if there are those who don't like it, we don't do it. Horrible people are not worth the effort but fortunately they are thin on the ground here. You would imagine that mixing in this sort of company in a skirt would generate a rich harvest of "helpful comments" but so far the feedback has been disappointingly lacking in wit. "Oh, you're really wearing a skirt" - no points for that.