It’s not the headline, it’s the embedded video

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Vige

It’s not the headline, it’s the embedded video

Post by Vige »

https://apple.news/A5HhuQPufS_Oen1Smsg95gg

ABC News fashion story with a video slightly off topic focusing on #MenInSkirts.

Enjoy.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Re: It’s not the headline, it’s the embedded video

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Wow, that s quite a video.
I need to watch it with the audio turned on. So I can get all the context.

Well gentlemen I I think we are finally starting to see what we wanted. The water is starting to pour over the dam.

While I'm optimistic for MIS. I'm also dreading an opening up to skirts and men also.

For every good MIS there will be quite a few train wrecks. I'm sure some guys will go right for the slinky low cut little black dress that almost shows the but cheeks.
And not the decent outfits that alot of us wear.
After all there is no set skirt standards as there are with women. Women have the preset dress codes. This style of skirt for this type of event, or do wear this type of skirt if you have a certain body type. Don't wear this or that if your over 30, over 40 over 50 etc.

I know alot of us also fear we will get buried in the LGBTQXYZ box.

Hang on tight guys, this could be a bumpy ride.
Skirt on!!!
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Heh, not to rain on anyone's parade - but I think we are a long way from mass adoption. I like the trend the news articles are following - and I do think (despite what others may say) that celebrity fashions help move the needle. Also, my best guess is where men will start with skorts, cargo skirts, and plain demin skirts. I don't think dresses are on the table, but there will always be "that one guy".
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Also - news articles have gone from "here's a guy who thinks men should be able to wear skirts" to "questions about male sexuality when they wear a skirt" to "here's a guy who dances, oh and he wears a skirt". Skirt's haven't become a footnote, yet, but there are signs that is happening.

The problem is, all this attention is happening within the influencer community - celebrities, this dancer, mark b. The progress in the last 10 years that's been made in terms of getting the concept of MIS in people's eyes is astounding - but we will lose that progress if celebrities stop wearing skirts because they don't get attention*, and if regular men don't take up skirts.

*I'm not saying attention is the sole reason celebrities don a skirt, but it's a compelling reason to make that choice.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I never got to any video, it just seemed like one rolling series of adverts of long skirts to me.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Coder wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:53 pm but we will lose that progress if celebrities stop wearing skirts because they don't get attention*, and if regular men don't take up skirts.
Hi Coder
Getting "attention" is the life blood of the celebrity whether it is wearing skirt, trashing a hotel room or throwing a tantrum because the wrong flavour of water is in their dressing rooms.
If and when men in skirts does go mainstream, the celebs will just move onto something else to raise their precious profiles.
Coder wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:46 pm I don't think dresses are on the table, but there will always be "that one guy".
That would be me then. Seriously though, real fashion freedom for men will actually have been achieved when we can wear whatever we choose with no proviso or qualification.
Steve.
Midas
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Midas »

Me too. I have more dresses than skirts and wear a dress most of the time, with skirts occasionally. Dresses are more comfortable than skirts (mostly), but it takes a bit more bottle to go out in one, but once you’ve taken the plunge it becomes normal.

I moved from dark skirts to flowery skirts, then dark dresses to colourful ones, with no change in the reaction of anyone.