GQ: Jaden Smith thinks that there's something they're not telling us

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

GQ: Jaden Smith thinks that there's something they're not telling us

Post by Coder »

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/fashion/a ... rview-2022

Ran across this the other day and wasn't going to share as the article didn't delve too deeply into "men's skirts". But that got me thinking - the article didn't make a big deal out of men wearing skirts, no existential crisis. Which in and of itself is quite notable.
“I'm all about this mindset of ‘hey, this is what we believe in', and I don't want to follow anyone down a rabbit hole," Smith, who is small in stature but loud in voice, tells me as he prepares for the launch of his label Msftsrep's latest collection at Selfridges. “Everybody should want to dress their own avatar in what they want, and once you've realised your individual style it just comes as part of your own existence.” Unsurprisingly, he doesn't cite a fellow celebrity as his style icon. Instead, it's a nod to Poseidon, the Greek god of the sea, and Batman. Why's that, then? “They're innovative. They don't follow trends.” We pause. “I exist outside trends, and I do what I believe.”
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: GQ: Jaden Smith thinks that there's something they're not telling us

Post by STEVIE »

Coder wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:49 pm Ran across this the other day and wasn't going to share as the article didn't delve too deeply into "men's skirts". But that got me thinking - the article didn't make a big deal out of men wearing skirts, no existential crisis. Which in and of itself is quite notable.
It is, highly notable and when there is less hype surrounding the whole topic, that will be progress indeed.
Did you also have a look at what Harry Styles is doing with Gucci?
https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/fashion/a ... ilarity-v2
Only one skirt in among a plethora of pants outfits. Is this a sign that his interest in non-conformity has served its purpose or he is just wanting a change, who knows.
As always, the costs of these garments will never cease to inhibit their popular uptake.
Steve.