Adidas update clothing range in UK

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Adidas update clothing range in UK

Post by new2skirts »

4 decent skirts and dresses, with models not looking outlandish :roll:

https://www.adidas.co.uk/men-skirts_dresses

quite good to see, and a decent price :wink:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Adidas update clothing range in UK

Post by STEVIE »

NTS
Sorry man, but you were beaten on this.
Check "Is this a Gender Neutral Skirt" on Kilts and Skirts.
It seems to have caught the notice of a few of our compadres.
No harm and yes, good to see but let's see if Sports Direct stocks them.
Early days and no sign but if they did, even old cynical me might be optimistic.
Steve.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

If in Sports Direct, be sure to look under the rails, that's where most clothes end up :lol:

I didn't notice any in my local Adidas store, but I've just bought women's anyway :oops:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

new2skirts wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:34 pm If in Sports Direct, be sure to look under the rails, that's where most clothes end up :lol:
I didn't notice any in my local Adidas store, but I've just bought women's anyway :oops:
Agreed on both points, Sports Direct shops never strike me as terribly well organised.
I'd just as readily shop the other aisle just to avail myself of the wider choices.
Aw man, aren't we just so lucky, a skirt and a dress to share with the gals and two colours too.
Ooh, ooh, how will I ever choose?
Back to cynical mode, Adidas won't worry unduly about creating more sales as they really have not risked much.
I doubt that they will record the number of guys/females who actually buy them, but they will know and take notice if they don't sell at all.
Bear in mind that they are quite well aware that most guys who want to wear skirts or dresses will buy the female garments.
The rest are an unknown quantity even among Gen Z and this is the reason for the cautious approach.
A huge leap in sales would lead to a bit more speculation and choices too.
Work in progress.
Steve.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

STEVIE wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:13 pm I doubt that they will record the number of guys/females who actually buy them, but they will know and take notice if they don't sell at all.
Since we've posted here direct links to the adidas men's skirts section, I'm hoping that will appear in their web stats as an interesting data point.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

rode_kater wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:00 pm
STEVIE wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:13 pm I doubt that they will record the number of guys/females who actually buy them, but they will know and take notice if they don't sell at all.
Since we've posted here direct links to the adidas men's skirts section, I'm hoping that will appear in their web stats as an interesting data point.
I’m not that computer savvy. Do you think they track where they get their hits? Or do we need to tell them where to find us.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

ScotL wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:31 amDo you think they track where they get their hits? Or do we need to tell them where to find us.
It depends on what they log when getting requests, and whether they read or interpret those logs.

Included in the HTTP (Hyper-Text Transfer Protocol) specification is a "Referrer" header which is passed as the request to a web-server. Most browsers honour those, and if the receiving host is configured to (a) log the referrer entry and (b) whether anyone running the server looks at them will determine whether the site would be able to tell if a request was referred from Skirt Cafe.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

ScotL wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:31 am I’m not that computer savvy. Do you think they track where they get their hits? Or do we need to tell them where to find us.
If I've understood it correctly, this site is configured "Referrer Policy: strict-origin-when-cross-origin", which basically means they'll be able to see it's SkirtCafe, but not which thread/forum.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

rode_kater wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:18 amIf I've understood it correctly, this site is configured "Referrer Policy: strict-origin-when-cross-origin", which basically means they'll be able to see it's SkirtCafe, but not which thread/forum.
That pretty much sums it up, but it's also worth recalling that not everybody can see the member-private areas which is by design.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

And frankly, if we don't generate enough traffic to them, we'll just be noise. I think they probably have so much data to look at they just look for overall trends, how quickly something sells out, and conversion rate (# of people who visit vs who visit and buy). If they saw a huge spike they might be more inclined to look closer at the top sites driving that spike.

I think sending emails or customer service comments would do more than simply visiting the site. Leaving a positive product review and being clear you are a male. Additionally, in the case of collabs (not this I don't think) email the designer via their website form to thank them for putting product out there.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Coder wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:10 pm I think they probably have so much data to look at they just look for overall trends, how quickly something sells out, and conversion rate (# of people who visit vs who visit and buy). If they saw a huge spike they might be more inclined to look closer at the top sites driving that spike.
As this would appear to be European exclusive, the "spike" would really have to be more like phenomenal.
Only export from here that I can think to compare with and that is Beatlemania as it has come to be known.
All we need is for Sir Paul to be the face of the campaign, simple really!
Steve.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

rode_kater wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:18 am
ScotL wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:31 am I’m not that computer savvy. Do you think they track where they get their hits? Or do we need to tell them where to find us.
If I've understood it correctly, this site is configured "Referrer Policy: strict-origin-when-cross-origin", which basically means they'll be able to see it's SkirtCafe, but not which thread/forum.
Thank you. If I was a retailer, not sure I’d take the time to figure out which website was giving me traffic as long as their was traffic? Not like they can come here and advertise. Especially when we found them
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Just had a quick look, Adidas is not a major retail player, not in the UK anyway.
They have 28 shops in this country while Sports Direct has 470.
Adidas is a major brand so they will be represented in most retail establishments, department stores to the small independents, innumerable!
These are the companies which will really determine the ultimate success or failure of this venture.
Actually, the truth is that it will be their customers, male or female will not be relevant as long as their money is the right colour.
When money talks business listens.
Steve.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Coder wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:10 pm And frankly, if we don't generate enough traffic to them, we'll just be noise. I think they probably have so much data to look at they just look for overall trends, how quickly something sells out, and conversion rate (# of people who visit vs who visit and buy). If they saw a huge spike they might be more inclined to look closer at the top sites driving that spike.
I dunno. I'm imagining some data-science intern playing with the figures for this month and just accidentally seeing it. And that it subsequently ends up on the monthly board presentation to a room full of guys in grey suits. :)

But if it's question of traffic, if we all drop the link in other forums we visit we can make the spike bigger :P

PS. Got a response from Adidas that the length of the skirt was 85.5cm in size L. That can't be right, some I'm asking for clarification.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I quite like the white shirtdress, but not the price.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.