Hauterrfly: Exclusive: Internet Sensation Jainil Mehta On His New York Fashion Week Debut, And Breaking Stereotypes, One

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Hauterrfly: Exclusive: Internet Sensation Jainil Mehta On His New York Fashion Week Debut, And Breaking Stereotypes, One

Post by Coder »

https://hauterrfly.com/fashion/choreogr ... in-skirts/

Long interview with Jainil Mehta - the NY-based dancer who is advocating for Men in Skirts.
ScotL
Chatbot

Re: Hauterrfly: Exclusive: Internet Sensation Jainil Mehta On His New York Fashion Week Debut, And Breaking Stereotypes,

Post by ScotL »

“An advocate of the ‘Men In Skirts’ movement”

And like that, a movement has a name.

Hope he’s a big “influencer” and has a positive impact
Uncle Al

Re: Hauterrfly: Exclusive: Internet Sensation Jainil Mehta On His New York Fashion Week Debut, And Breaking Stereotypes,

Post by Uncle Al »

One of the BEST answers I've ever seen :D
Q: You’ve been rooting for ‘Men In Skirts.’ What inspired you to bring about that change and promote the #MenInSkirts movement?

Jainil Mehta: What inspired me to actually promote it are the people. The people really resonated with it for some reason. And I just felt like it was something that I can take forward and promote and just help promote these gender-neutral outfits. And it’s something I’m just normalising. Because you need to connect with people if you want to bring in a change. And I feel like I did connect in some way, and I’m glad that I could help with that change and promote ‘Men In Skirts.’
One of the best ways to describe this concept :D
promote these gender-neutral outfits....
you need to connect with people if you want to bring in a change
In other words, YOU be the change you want to see in the world :!:

Go forward, head held high, show confidence to the world, not matter what you're feeling inside....:!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Ok it is well known around here that I am no fan of influencers be they celebrity or plain old wannabe.
Not converted now but this guy may have something which will work.
Simply this, the skirts look form free so fitting males or females, no issues.
Production could be as simple or as complex as required so costs could start at affordable levels.
The issue, do we have demand, a market?
The "changes" we seek will only happen if enough of us are willing to put money down, take a risk and venture forth.
Steve.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

STEVIE wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:53 am Ok it is well known around here that I am no fan of influencers be they celebrity or plain old wannabe.
Not converted now but this guy may have something which will work.
I feel the same way - however this guy seems more authentic/realistic than a lot of what the celebrities do. While his outfits might not inspire men to start wearing skirts, his message (which is close to what many espouse here) is what matters. And if influencing gets his message in the news, media - then it’s a win. Plant a seed of an idea in people’s minds and it may grow.