FoxNews in Philly.

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
ScotL
Chatbot

FoxNews in Philly.

Post by ScotL »

Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Re: FoxNews in Philly.

Post by Freedomforall »

That is really big for Fox news to be covering this, since they are known as ultra conservative!
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Freedomforall wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:32 am That is really big for Fox news to be covering this, since they are known as ultra conservative!
It's Fox local, though, not the big cable network. I think the local stations tend to be less conservative.

I gotta say though - that was a weird segment. I think it was good in that it is changing the tone at which skirts on men are being discussed, expecially pointing out other male celebrities normalizing it.

Also - a lot of these sorts of segments are paid advertising or syndicated - I wonder how many other stations are going to follow suit.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Coder wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:43 am
Freedomforall wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:32 am That is really big for Fox news to be covering this, since they are known as ultra conservative!
It's Fox local, though, not the big cable network. I think the local stations tend to be less conservative.

I gotta say though - that was a weird segment. I think it was good in that it is changing the tone at which skirts on men are being discussed, expecially pointing out other male celebrities normalizing it.
I agree. It seems to be getting more prevalent.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Agreed, odd segment. But what I liked about it was the fact that men wearing skirts was just one part and it was pretty positive.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Get the male weather dudes into skirts on air and that would have way more mileage.
Steve.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Hmm pearls huh....?

Interesting. I'm feeling it!

That guy in the dark purple.... man, he rocked it! Not sure if he was wearing dark pants under that, but imagine that couple with one of those long floor sweepers like Carl has....
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

moonshadow wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:36 pm Hmm pearls huh....?

Interesting. I'm feeling it!

That guy in the dark purple.... man, he rocked it! Not sure if he was wearing dark pants under that, but imagine that couple with one of those long floor sweepers like Carl has....
I am with you. The pearls look amazing on them.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Freedomforall wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:55 am I am with you. The pearls look amazing on them.
I was surprised how natural the pearls looked - never would have thought that if you had just told me.
stephanie53

Post by stephanie53 »

STEVIE wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:56 pm Get the male weather dudes into skirts on air and that would have way more mileage.
Steve.
If I could get a job doing the weather, I'd wear a skirt in a heart beat!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

stephanie53 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:23 pm If I could get a job doing the weather, I'd wear a skirt in a heart beat!

Nothing to lose by giving it a go.
Steve.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

...................and the next question
Coder wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:43 am Also - a lot of these sorts of segments are paid advertising or syndicated
Is that without the "a word from our sponsors", type announcement Coder?
If so, that seems a bit sneaky and dare I say it, unethical, Foxy even.
Steve.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

STEVIE wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:44 pm ...................and the next question
Coder wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:43 am Also - a lot of these sorts of segments are paid advertising or syndicated
Is that without the "a word from our sponsors", type announcement Coder?
If so, that seems a bit sneaky and dare I say it, unethical, Foxy even.
Steve.
Perhaps this video added to my general cynicism in life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIi_QS1tdFM

It's a bit crass, but gets the point across.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Coder wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:28 pmPerhaps this video added to my general cynicism in life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIi_QS1tdFM

It's a bit crass, but gets the point across.
There's more than enough in general life to make one cynical, one only has to pay attention for a few minutes.

As to the video, Yes, it was a bit "crass", but that's the way that we seem to communicate these days, and the notion of "sponsored content" or "product placement" is not a new one; it's been going on for years.

And yeah, the guy in the blue suit was definitely boinking that ham.

Oliver's good. He's nowhere near as good as George Carlin was, but he's certainly not as bad as many current "comedians".
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

crfriend wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:41 pm There's more than enough in general life to make one cynical, one only has to pay attention for a few minutes.
That long, really?
From my side of the pond, product placement has been around forever too, hell the Brits probably invented it.
However, commercials have to be clearly that and any other content easily distinguishable.
Individual broadcasters are also governed in what they are allowed to promote to prevent any blurring of the intent of the message.
Now where can I order the blanket and the rocket. They must be OK, the guy off the telly said so.
Steve