The Sports Rush: “Russell Westbrook’s Skirt Can’t Be On Heterosexuals!”: Kwame Brown Anounced a Very Controversial Opini

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

The Sports Rush: “Russell Westbrook’s Skirt Can’t Be On Heterosexuals!”: Kwame Brown Anounced a Very Controversial Opini

Post by Coder »

Full title: “Russell Westbrook’s Skirt Can’t Be On Heterosexuals!”: Kwame Brown Anounced a Very Controversial Opinion on Lakers Man’s Fashion Sense

https://thesportsrush.com/lakers-news-r ... ion-sense/

The author unapologetically sticks up for the skirt outfit, which is pretty nice. I don't know if this person is some random blogger (the platform looks like Medium) or a paid author. I'm guessing the former, but still, good to see some positive takes on things.
ScotL
Chatbot

Re: The Sports Rush: “Russell Westbrook’s Skirt Can’t Be On Heterosexuals!”: Kwame Brown Anounced a Very Controversial O

Post by ScotL »

Coder wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:51 am Full title: “Russell Westbrook’s Skirt Can’t Be On Heterosexuals!”: Kwame Brown Anounced a Very Controversial Opinion on Lakers Man’s Fashion Sense

https://thesportsrush.com/lakers-news-r ... ion-sense/

The author unapologetically sticks up for the skirt outfit, which is pretty nice. I don't know if this person is some random blogger (the platform looks like Medium) or a paid author. I'm guessing the former, but still, good to see some positive takes on things.
Who is Kwame Brown? And why do we care if this person spews hate.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Sports Rush: “Russell Westbrook’s Skirt Can’t Be On Heterosexuals!”: Kwame Brown Anounced a Very Controversial O

Post by Coder »

ScotL wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:09 am Who is Kwame Brown? And why do we care if this person spews hate.
Some sports person:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwame_Brown

Do I care? not really - but people who follow sports probably form their opinions to some degree on what their "idols" say. I'm guessing it's more impressionable on youth than say, someone in their 30's.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Finally read the article, should’ve done that first but…

A few quotes from the article that I think are interesting especially coming from a sports perspective.

Speaking on Russell Westbrook’s style.

“Now, he may wear some fits that leave the NBA community laughing. But, while all of them are outlandish beyond belief, he plays them off with the utmost level of confidence. And weirdly, each and every one of those outfits look really good on him.”

Use of the word “weirdly” seems to let the manly man writer play it off as ok to say he looks good in his dress.

Thinking about Kwame Brown. Seems here’s the reason he’s mad at Westbrook who is considered a good if not great point guard. From a different website

“Brown turned out to be an absolute scrub and one of the biggest busts in NBA history, if not the biggest.”

Mr Brown may have jealousy issues and lashed out as only someone whose self esteem took a hit.

Speaking now about Westbrooks clothing choices:

“We’ll be honest here. This fit looks damn good on him.

As for Kwame Brown, there aren’t many opinions within the NBA community that truly are objectively wrong.

But that one? Yeah, you can’t be carrying that sort of thinking in the year 2022, or even 2021.”

Basically calling Mr Brown out for being a douche.

There’s a link to a tweet that is particularly encouraging.

“Currently ordering a skirt because if Russell Westbrook wears a skirt then i wear a skirt😤