Good news from an airline!

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Good news from an airline!

Post by howardfh »

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... eir-gender
Virgin Atlantic’s crew, pilots and ground staff can now wear whichever of its uniforms they feel most comfortable in, regardless of the original male or female design of its red skirt suit or burgundy trousers.

The airline has announced a gender identity policy that lets its staff choose which of the Vivienne Westwood-designed outfits they wear to work – “no matter their gender, gender identity or gender expression”.
Although their bergundy skirts look rather tight and uncomfortable, I'd certainly turn up for work in one, and there's no compulsion to wear make-up so sounds perfect for skirt-wearing men! Where do I sign up??
steamman

Re: Good news from an airline!

Post by steamman »

Brilliant news. This will now start a conversation with other employers. If it becomes normalised in the workplace , that’s a huge step forward for general society. Well done to Virgin.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

Retain a healthy slice of scepticism about this. A big part of it is virtue signalling about how woke they are and onboard with the trans issue while knowing full well that non-trans male staff are not going to be wearing anything but trousers. Schools in the UK and Australia have been implementing the same policy for some years and that just means girls have a choice and boys wear trousers.

This doffing the cap to the woke lobby is further evidenced by their statement on customers' "preferred pronouns". I was asked on a form for my preferred pronouns once and I wrote "none". Well, I thought, that the pronoun I want, so let's see how you struggle to talk about me while referring to me as "none". I would bet they would quickly drop that and revert to "he" and "him".
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I'd err on the side of caution too.
Not so much from the "woke" point of view, but simply who will be the first?
That guy will be one very brave soldier! Then will anyone follow behind him?
It certainly lends a certain scope though, watch the space as Virgin will milk any attendant publicity to the max.
Stu wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:40 am referring to me as "none"
Ironic that it sounds like you belong to a sisterhood, but I rather like that.
Steve.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Looks like we have been hijacked.
Steve