Vogue: Why I’m Wearing Skirts Over Pants This Fall (Yes, Really)

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Vogue: Why I’m Wearing Skirts Over Pants This Fall (Yes, Really)

Post by Coder »

https://www.vogue.com/article/skirts-ov ... -y2k-trend
Any fears I had of rocking a skirt out in public (a weird side glance, perhaps, or a dramatic head turn) did not occur on my caffeine walk. I love that a monochromatic approach to the look makes it barely noticeable; there’s a subtle cool factor. And now that I’ve gotten over my skirt apprehension, I’ve begun thinking of other new ways to wear it this fall. I could truly channel Y2K style by throwing a denim miniskirt over jeans. Or I’m into the idea of a pleated plaid Chopova skirt over cargo pants. Hell, I’m even ready to just wear a skirt on its own. Turns out they’re not that scary—promise.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Vogue: Why I’m Wearing Skirts Over Pants This Fall (Yes, Really)

Post by FLbreezy »

Hell, I’m even ready to just wear a skirt on its own.
Yes, please do. :lol:
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

FLbreezy wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:53 am
Hell, I’m even ready to just wear a skirt on its own.
Yes, please do. :lol:
I can really see how this look could have teeth. Baby steps towards wearing a skirt. Wearing a skirt over pants is about a small a step as one could make especially if the skirt is hidden under a shirt and could just be an extension of a shirt. Can already see it in the minds of the man since this is basically what Christian wrote. Can see guys slowly then losing the pants especially as it gets warmer and guys start sweating. Get that guy around women who encourage him and he’s a skirt wearer.

Although I’m not a fan of the pants under skirt look, it’s progress.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Coder wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:16 am https://www.vogue.com/article/skirts-ov ... -y2k-trend
Any fears I had of rocking a skirt out in public (a weird side glance, perhaps, or a dramatic head turn) did not occur on my caffeine walk. I love that a monochromatic approach to the look makes it barely noticeable; there’s a subtle cool factor. And now that I’ve gotten over my skirt apprehension, I’ve begun thinking of other new ways to wear it this fall. I could truly channel Y2K style by throwing a denim miniskirt over jeans. Or I’m into the idea of a pleated plaid Chopova skirt over cargo pants. Hell, I’m even ready to just wear a skirt on its own. Turns out they’re not that scary—promise.
Great post Coder! Starting to feel the articles being written are having more of a rubric feel to them. Before they were just shock value but the more and more that get written seem to now really hit on the “how” to wear a skirt as a guy.