Skirts for Men: Why More Men Should Wear Them

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Midas
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirts for Men: Why More Men Should Wear Them

Post by Midas »

The point I made seems to have been missed. I did not question the relevance of the bible for those who see it that way, but it should not be in this forum.

There are unmentionables here and religion should be one of them. We are here to talk about wearing skirts and dresses. Those who want to waffle on about the bible should do so elsewhere.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Midas wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:26 pmThe point I made seems to have been missed. I did not question the relevance of the bible for those who see it that way, but it should not be in this forum.
Unfortunately, many folks here, at least in the US, are immersed in "religion" whether we want to be or not, and it gets used as a cudgel against us; thus, it is important to be able to refute obsolete dogma.

So long as the conversations does not devolve into disrespect or conflict, then I view it as legit, if somewhat unfortunate.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Vige

Post by Vige »

crfriend wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:33 pm
Midas wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:26 pmThe point I made seems to have been missed. I did not question the relevance of the bible for those who see it that way, but it should not be in this forum.
Unfortunately, many folks here, at least in the US, are immersed in "religion" whether we want to be or not, and it gets used as a cudgel against us; thus, it is important to be able to refute obsolete dogma.

So long as the conversations does not devolve into disrespect or conflict, then I view it as legit, if somewhat unfortunate.
Sooooo…. Amen?
Midas
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Midas »

The conversation may not stray into conflict but it does become boring and irrelevant.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Midas wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:02 pmThe conversation may not stray into conflict but it does become boring and irrelevant.
This is a problem only because folks in the modern world do not read the deep history of posts here. Thus common topics reappear with extraordinary regularity.

There's a lot of intellectual and style wealth here for those who know how to search for things in a meaningful way.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

crfriend wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:00 pm This is a problem only because folks in the modern world do not read the deep history of posts here.
Aw Gee, I guess that I had better just get off my (hobby) horse and hold my noise while I sup my milk then.
Tee Hee, could not resist but not really sorry at all.
Steve.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

STEVIE wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:50 amTee Hee, could not resist but not really sorry at all.
No worries Steve. None whatsoever.

However, that having been said, the posts herein have a decent concentration of stories of success, mistake, the learning process, and how to behave when attired in single-tube garments. It's got the chronicle of a vibrant community, some of whose members have passed on. If we didn't feel that the substance was beyond what one gets on Farcebook or Twatter then we'd just delete posts after "n" hours/days/seconds.