HIGHSNOBIETY: SKIRTS ARE SO SUMMER 2022: JARED LETO'S ROCKING DRESSES NOW

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

HIGHSNOBIETY: SKIRTS ARE SO SUMMER 2022: JARED LETO'S ROCKING DRESSES NOW

Post by Coder »

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/jared-le ... tfit-2022/
Surprisingly, Leto appeared to be wearing white jeans beneath his dress (presumably the jeans are Gucci as well). You'd think that the mild late summer weather would necessitate fewer layers and it's not like the dress is terribly revealing, but who's gonna question the guy wearing a red trucker hat with a Gucci gown?
Scratching my head over his ensemble a bit, but eh to each their own.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Re: HIGHSNOBIETY: SKIRTS ARE SO SUMMER 2022: JARED LETO'S ROCKING DRESSES NOW

Post by Chirp »

I can agree, each to there own
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Each their own, absolutely and not my taste.
However, where we have pondered kilts as an entry level skirt this could have more possibilities in my opinion.
A guy who is wanting to copy the look but dress/skirt reticent may just be reassured enough by the jeans.
Best analogy would be stabiliser/training wheels on a kid's bike.
Eventually our guy or the kid discovers that the jeans and wheels are superfluous, and they get abandoned.
On the other hand, they may just decide that dresses and cycling don't improve their day and try something else.
I cannot foresee a quantum leap in demand from this but maybe just a tad more optimistic than the kilt to skirt scenario.
Steve.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

STEVIE wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:43 am A guy who is wanting to copy the look but dress/skirt reticent may just be reassured enough by the jeans.
Occasionally I'll see a guy walking around campus with running tights on but wearing baggy shorts over them. I see those shorts in a similar vein - they introduce the guys to a garment that is - or was - unconventional 5, 10 years ago except for cyclists. Will they make the logical leap - double inseam = bad/uncomfortable, and swap the shorts for a skirt? Unlikely, but if someone planted the seed of the idea in their heads maybe they would give it a try at least.

What would it take? Advertising? Subtle product placement in a TV show - have a character wear a skirt when they go jogging but not even mention it as if it were commonplace? A pop star rocking the look (erm, so far with all the attention they are getting, I haven't seen anyone in my neck of the woods dressed as such)? Their girlfriends encouragement? I know it would take peers of their own wearing skirts for it to go more mainstream, but how do you influence the "leaders" who are first?

I'm not sure my once-a-week day on campus has any positive effect on anyone, if anything it probably has the opposite effect :lol:.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

STEVIE wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:43 am Each their own, absolutely and not my taste.
However, where we have pondered kilts as an entry level skirt this could have more possibilities in my opinion.
A guy who is wanting to copy the look but dress/skirt reticent may just be reassured enough by the jeans.
Eventually our guy or the kid discovers that the jeans and wheels are superfluous, and they get abandoned.
On the other hand, they may just decide that dresses and cycling don't improve their day and try something else.
I cannot foresee a quantum leap in demand from this but maybe just a tad more optimistic than the kilt to skirt scenario.
Steve.
I think it all helps. The more open everyone is the better. When the world adopts the “west what you want, we just don’t care”, everyone wins.

If wearing pants under a dress so you claim it’s just a log shirt starts a man off, great. If calling the skirt a kilt starts a man off, great. If calling clothing unisex, or better not having genders associated with clothing, even great-er.