Guardian article on genderless clothing

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
TheRod
Distinguished Member

Guardian article on genderless clothing

Post by TheRod »

Article on genderless clothing here.
https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/202 ... nd-a-label
Not really relevant to us here as it's all about trans and non binary clothing with no mention cis men seeking genderless clothing.
ScotL
Chatbot

Re: Guardian article on genderless clothing

Post by ScotL »

Cis men wearing what they want. Clothing has no gender.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I like, and agree with, the quote, "Any article of clothing should be for anyone who wants to wear it."

Also, "The gender of a piece of clothing is whatever gender you feel when you wear it, and not that you have to fit into the gender of that piece.”
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:31 pmI like, and agree with, the quote, "Any article of clothing should be for anyone who wants to wear it."

Also, "The gender of a piece of clothing is whatever gender you feel when you wear it, and not that you have to fit into the gender of that piece.”
Yes on one, and no on two. One is plainly obvious; two is plainly false for 90+% of the population who has roughly normative alignment.

Contemplate the situation for a bit. A person that "flips" (perhaps unconsciously) from "male" to "female" alignment poses some problems. If such an individual is "out and about" in male-marketed garb in "male" mode and then the "bit" flips to "female" it doesn't much matter; however, the inverse is not true at all because if a "conventional male" found himself garbed in "female"-marketed clothes he'd be mortified.

First and foremost, Know thyself! It would seem that in the modern world, not enough do. Furthermore, clothing is an inanimate, insentient object and thus can have no conceivable notion of its own "gender". Put bluntly, take the clothing off and you'll be confronted with what you wound up with at birth [0]; it's what you do with it that counts.

[0] In most cases.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!