Starting to go viral?

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
ScotL
Chatbot

Starting to go viral?

Post by ScotL »

The past few hours are seeing more and more of Carl’s testimony being picked up in syndication. Started listing them but there’s too many. Carl broke the dam. Nicely done, sir!!!!!

Seems more men may finally realize the gender with balls is more comfortable without extra material between the legs. If you’re gifted that is. Otherwise, they fit comfortably in pants…

Audacy
https://www.audacy.com/wwjnewsradio/new ... -a-listers

JNews
https://jnews.uk/tag/more-men-are-adopt ... shion-cnn/

Hickory Record
https://hickoryrecord.com/entertainment ... 3.amp.html

Bestinau
https://bestinau.net/tag/more-men-are-a ... shion-cnn/

Independent Tribune
https://independenttribune.com/entertai ... 2b18d.html

Sip the news
https://www.sipthenews.com/tag/more-men ... shion-cnn/
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Starting to go viral?

Post by crfriend »

Sooner or later I should simply post a copy of what I wrote to the CNN correspondent. It's a bit more nuanced than the various "pickup" sites are doing, and I'm not going to be able to keep track of all of 'em.

I was rather happy with that piece, although there are a couple of subtle gaffes in there. I'm not perfect, only human after all.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

crfriend wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:43 am Sooner or later I should simply post a copy of what I wrote to the CNN correspondent. It's a bit more nuanced than the various "pickup" sites are doing, and I'm not going to be able to keep track of all of 'em.

I was rather happy with that piece, although there are a couple of subtle gaffes in there. I'm not perfect, only human after all.
It’s gone viral. It’s perfect. That headline/story will be read by millions.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I'm curious Carl, has there been an uptick in hits on the site?
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:33 pmI'm curious Carl, has there been an uptick in hits on the site?
That's an interesting question, and one I hadn't pondered. So, I went to look at the logs...

Using the Apache HTTPS access log, I see the following number of requests:

2022-08-22 19,815
2022-08-23 19,225
2022-08-24 19,665
2022-08-25 18,766
2022-08-26 47,759

Today's numbers, obviously, are not in yet.

So, what does this mean. The raw number is a count of each "object" that there was a request for during the course of a day, and the number of requests is proportional to the complexity of any given page (e.g. how many images included, icons, smilies, text, and the like) so it's very raw. However, that spike at the end is statistically glaring.

So, yes, I think we have a spike. What I've not seen is any new registrations for accounts other than the usual noise from the spambots.

ADDENDUM: A bit more of a nuanced look was just had, this time at the number of unique IP addresses hitting us for the past two days. On the 25th there were 916 unique IP addresses making requests; on the 26th there were 1,853 which is more than double. So, yes, we have a spike. Whether there's genuine interest or not we shall see in the coming days.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

I had a thought (dangerous I know ;) ) that with the 'news articles' being afloat,
that people, or 'Bots', are reacting the the 'new' information presented in the articles.
Several of the 'articles' have linked to S.C. With people being curious or inquisitive,
they could visit S.C. to see just what the heck is going on.

MAYBE designers will read about "us"(M.I.S.) and work towards a more economical way to
support Men-In-Skirts instead of the bizarre outfits they create for the runway 'shock value'.

We can only hope :!:

Just my $.02 worth :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

crfriend wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:51 pm
moonshadow wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:33 pmI'm curious Carl, has there been an uptick in hits on the site?
That's an interesting question, and one I hadn't pondered. So, I went to look at the logs...

Using the Apache HTTPS access log, I see the following number of requests:

2022-08-22 19,815
2022-08-23 19,225
2022-08-24 19,665
2022-08-25 18,766
2022-08-26 47,759

Today's numbers, obviously, are not in yet.

So, what does this mean. The raw number is a count of each "object" that there was a request for during the course of a day, and the number of requests is proportional to the complexity of any given page (e.g. how many images included, icons, smilies, text, and the like) so it's very raw. However, that spike at the end is statistically glaring.

So, yes, I think we have a spike. What I've not seen is any new registrations for accounts other than the usual noise from the spambots.

ADDENDUM: A bit more of a nuanced look was just had, this time at the number of unique IP addresses hitting us for the past two days. On the 25th there were 916 unique IP addresses making requests; on the 26th there were 1,853 which is more than double. So, yes, we have a spike. Whether there's genuine interest or not we shall see in the coming days.
It’s a very good sign. Nothing changes unless people hear about it and this uptick in visitors is all due to the syndication of the article. Regardless of whether they approve or not, as the saying goes, there’s no such thing as bad press. All the people who read that article now know there are regular guys who just wear skirts for comfort.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

The numbers from the 27th are in. I pulled them this morning from our hosting service to my lab for analysis. I'll try to remember to do that daily for the next week or so.

We got 29,744 requests from 2,417 distinct IP addresses. The request count is down, but the number of distinct IP addresses is up, hinting at light readership and lots of casual glances.

Note that I don't have a reference-point of what the "normal" daily traffic-pattern is. Those take months of data to figure out and the original logs no longer exist.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

I clicked on the newly registered users link at the bottom and there has been a untick of users from 2020 to present. I am not sure what that list exactly represents, but up until 2020, there are multiple years on a page, after that time, there are a lot more per year.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

For 2022-08-28: 29,915 requests from 3,241 unique IP addresses. Again more IP addresses, but light reading.
lithaborn

Post by lithaborn »

I signed up because of the article, so that's one!
Nunquam scienter normalis
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

I just noticed - that first article is from a local new radio station out of Detroit. Crazy times we live in!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

2022-08-29: 26,113 requests from 1,796 IP addresses. The spike is winding down, as expected.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

crfriend wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:20 am 2022-08-29: 26,113 requests from 1,796 IP addresses. The spike is winding down, as expected.
I think you said you didn’t know but I’ll ask anyway. How many unique IP addresses does this site usual get?
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

ScotL wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:21 amI think you said you didn’t know but I’ll ask anyway. How many unique IP addresses does this site usual get?
I don't have precise numbers because the logs all rotated away, but the guess based on the above data is slightly under a thousand unique IPs in the course of a day.

That may sound like a lot for a niche site such as this, but that also counts all the bots, zombies, and random viewers we get in addition to the core membership. Thus, up in the multiple thousand range represents a significant spike in traffic which is pretty nice. If the place can help just one guy (or his significant other) "get over the hump" it'll have been worth it.