Breitbart

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
ScotL
Chatbot

Breitbart

Post by ScotL »

Congratulations Carl, now you made Breitbart. This article seems to be slanted negative but mostly against CNN. But they never overtly seem to come out against men in skirts.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment ... kirts/amp/
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Breitbart

Post by crfriend »

Well, that one isn't quite as flattering, but I'll stand by my commentary of "undue attention being paid to celebrity".

Here's the direct quote from my e-mail to the CNN correspondent:
Many folks in US, EU, and Australia have a strange affinity for celebrity and pay what I believe to be undue attention to it. Be that here or there, it is what it is, and if it engenders an acceptance of skirts on guys then I suppose it's for the better.
There's the entire context. I stand by it. CNN had the grace to quote the second sentence.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

crfriend wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:39 am Well, that one isn't quite as flattering, but I'll stand by my commentary of "undue attention being paid to celebrity".

Here's the direct quote from my e-mail to the CNN correspondent:
Many folks in US, EU, and Australia have a strange affinity for celebrity and pay what I believe to be undue attention to it. Be that here or there, it is what it is, and if it engenders an acceptance of skirts on guys then I suppose it's for the better.
The the entire context. I stand by it. CNN had the grace to quote the second sentence.
It’s odd though. This one doesn’t necessarily say something negative about it but you get that impression. Somehow.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I think the perceived negativity revolves around my seeming dismissal of celebrity and status. However, that is a by-product of my views on the matter, and that's that the heroes in this are not the starlets, the jocks, and the celebrities, but rather the average Joe who just gets up in the morning, chucks on a skirt and heads out without pretence. Those are the heroes. The celebs, jocks, and starlets already have their fame; the little guy has himself, his views, and his feelings. He's the one with courage.

Bravo for the little guys!
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

Breitbart hardly counts as a news source, unless you're into buttery males.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

"Buttery males"? I think I'm happier not knowing...
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

The wounded cry of the Q-cult member, trying to deflect whenever a certain president was accused of wrongdoing..."But her emails!"
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Great. That'll add credibility to what we're trying to do.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I detect an element of cynicism in the article, as if they want to be really supportive but haven't quite the cojones to come out and say it.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Sinned wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:47 pm I detect an element of cynicism in the article, as if they want to be really supportive but haven't quite the cojones to come out and say it.
I think - just guessing - that they are stuck a bit. The right (correctly) complains about people being cancelled - so they can’t outright condemn these guys. They also can’t complain about trans because more or less the cnn article kept it to “men wearing what they want”. That just leaves them with a few avenues of attack. It’s a shame because it can be “sold” as a men’s rights issue - something that site would get behind. However - they included flamboyant outfits in the article - red meat for their readers - but there are more “conservative” outfits men have been rocking and that just doesn’t give them the outrage they are probably trying to achieve.

I’m not going to cast judgement - that’s not my place nor constructive.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Sinned wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:47 pm I detect an element of cynicism in the article, as if they want to be really supportive but haven't quite the cojones to come out and say it.
I’m not overly familiar with Breitbart but I think it’s a pretty conservative rag. You’d think therefore that they’d be super against it. But I’ve found those who should be strongly against stuff and outwardly act that way are often secretly in favor and are just looking for that booming voice that makes it all ok
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Coder wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:01 pm
I think - just guessing - that they are stuck a bit. The right (correctly) complains about people being cancelled - so they can’t outright condemn these guys. They also can’t complain about trans because more or less the cnn article kept it to “men wearing what they want”. That just leaves them with a few avenues of attack. It’s a shame because it can be “sold” as a men’s rights issue - something that site would get behind. However - they included flamboyant outfits in the article - red meat for their readers - but there are more “conservative” outfits men have been rocking and that just doesn’t give them the outrage they are probably trying to achieve.

I’m not going to cast judgement - that’s not my place nor constructive.
And yet at its most simplest definition, it is a mens rights issue. But you’re right, they are conflicted. “Men should be free to wear what they want” vs “ manly men wear a drab uniform and don’t cry, show weakness or wear pink”
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

Maybe the guy who wrote the article is a skirt wearer and used his platform to promote the article while taking the usual shots at CNN like Breitbart likes to do. :D