Putting skirts in men's department?

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Putting skirts in men's department?

Post by mishawakaskirt »

The other day I went shopping for rolled cuff shorts.
I don't know why I like them so much but I do. A few companies like cj Banks made some good ones. Good fit, good pockets, and no Fem frills or holes, or designer nightmares.

Ok so the rolled cuff shorts quest took me to target.
The store was rather busy so I couldn't do a fine tooth search for them. I started to get nervous about being in the busy women's section. ( By the way Target womens section takes up approximately 3/4 of the adult clothing area.)

So I might have easily overlooked the shorts.

I did see what seemed like a increase in the number of skirts available for sale.
Infact I saw at two that I considered try on worthy.

I grabbed a denim knee length skirt, to try on. The other one, they didn't have in my size.
On the the way to the changing room I had a second guessing.
Busy store, skirt is 28 dollars, I have 3 or 4 skirts that are very similar in design.

So I decided to put it back. I don't believe in just leaving stuff at changing areas or just randomly in the store.

On the way back to the skirt racks the idea hit me to put the skirt in the men's department.
It's not a totally new Idea I have done it a few times in the last 20 years of skirt shopping at resale shops.

So I did, I found a rack with some similar colored and sized men's shorts and hung the skirt in with them.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has done something similar, put skirts in a men's area?

And overall thoughts of planting skirts in the men's department.

I'm considering doing this more regularly, planting one or two entry level skirts in with the men's shorts.
Often enough to perhaps be a inconvenience for the store, but hopefully not enough to be an annoyance.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Putting skirts in men's department?

Post by denimini »

You might have done someone a favour ........ you will never know ............. unless someone here says that they found a skirt in the men's section and bought it.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:58 pm The other day I went shopping for rolled cuff shorts.
I don't know why I like them so much but I do. A few companies like cj Banks made some good ones. Good fit, good pockets, and no Fem frills or holes, or designer nightmares.

Ok so the rolled cuff shorts quest took me to target.
The store was rather busy so I couldn't do a fine tooth search for them. I started to get nervous about being in the busy women's section. ( By the way Target womens section takes up approximately 3/4 of the adult clothing area.)

So I might have easily overlooked the shorts.

I did see what seemed like a increase in the number of skirts available for sale.
Infact I saw at two that I considered try on worthy.

I grabbed a denim knee length skirt, to try on. The other one, they didn't have in my size.
On the the way to the changing room I had a second guessing.
Busy store, skirt is 28 dollars, I have 3 or 4 skirts that are very similar in design.

So I decided to put it back. I don't believe in just leaving stuff at changing areas or just randomly in the store.

On the way back to the skirt racks the idea hit me to put the skirt in the men's department.
It's not a totally new Idea I have done it a few times in the last 20 years of skirt shopping at resale shops.

So I did, I found a rack with some similar colored and sized men's shorts and hung the skirt in with them.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has done something similar, put skirts in a men's area?

And overall thoughts of planting skirts in the men's department.

I'm considering doing this more regularly, planting one or two entry level skirts in with the men's shorts.
Often enough to perhaps be a inconvenience for the store, but hopefully not enough to be an annoyance.
The practical guy in me states you’re gonna make more work for a minimum wage person who will have to put them back where they belong. They won’t be happy about it but also won’t likely care too too much. They like it better when stuff is left at the changing room if not out back cause then they know what they have to do.

The obnoxious side of me sees this as an opportunity to subtlety introduce the idea of skirts to guys. There was a prank (can’t remember where I saw it) but some wives texted a picture of a long night shirt they “bought” for their husband to their husbands. There were obvious responses but more than a few were up for it. Was that because it was approved by their wife and guys are stupid when it comes to fashion?

Makes you wonder if a skirt in the mens section would have a similar effect on the guy shopping alone or the wife shopping for her man.

Love the idea
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bodycon »

ScotL wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:12 pm [There was a prank (can’t remember where I saw it) but some wives texted a picture of a long night shirt they “bought” for their husband to their husbands. There were obvious responses but more than a few were up for it. Was that because it was approved by their wife and guys are stupid when it comes to fashion?
I kind of wonder what the "thing" would be about this. Long nightshirts have been around for hundreds of years as unisex garments. Maybe the guys were just stupid.

I wouldn't wear one myself (I sleep naked), but wouldn't consider them to be female in any way.

You only have to look at any of the A Christmas Carol films to see Scrooge in his.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Bodycon wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:04 pm
ScotL wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:12 pm [There was a prank (can’t remember where I saw it) but some wives texted a picture of a long night shirt they “bought” for their husband to their husbands. There were obvious responses but more than a few were up for it. Was that because it was approved by their wife and guys are stupid when it comes to fashion?
I kind of wonder what the "thing" would be about this. Long nightshirts have been around for hundreds of years as unisex garments. Maybe the guys were just stupid.

I wouldn't wear one myself (I sleep naked), but wouldn't consider them to be female in any way.

You only have to look at any of the A Christmas Carol films to see Scrooge in his.
I think you answered your own question when you said guys are just stupid when it comes to clothing. The reactions from the men who refused said no because they thought it was a dress. And the man card doesn’t allow them to even contemplate wearing something like that even though it’s for men/unisex.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Yea here is a link to it. The night shirts comments

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... hread.html

Now see I have NO problem wearing something like that, infact I wore men's night shirts before my skirting days ever started. I wonder if the night shirts is was a contributing factor in me trying skirts just a few years later as a teen?

I'm surprised how many people (men) run from something such as a night shirt. They are rather comfortable.
Is the man card/masculinity so fragile that It is utterly revoked/ destroyed for wearing a long tubular shirt??

Male genitals are attached quite well, one doesn't need to wear trousers to keep them from falling off.

Come on guys ( the ones in the prank and reaction page) it's a night shirt not a Disney princess costume.

I have 3 or 4 men's night shirts now in my closet now. Plaid flannel ones. Great for cool weather that is coming to the northern hemisphere.
Last edited by mishawakaskirt on Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bodycon »

The Daily Fail, nuff said.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:37 pm

Yea here is a link to it. The night shirts comments

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... hread.html

Now see I have NO problem wearing something like that, infact I wore men's night shirts before my skirting days ever started. I wonder if the night shirts is was a contributing factor in me trying skirts just a few years later as a teen?

I'm surprised how many people (men) run from something such as a night shirt. They are rather comfortable.
Is the man card/masculinity so fragile that It is utterly revoked/ destroyed for wearing a long tubular shirt??

Male genitals are attached quite well, one doesn't need to wear trousers to keep them from falling off.

Come on guys ( the ones in the prank and reaction page) it's a night shirt not a Disney princess costume.

I have 3 or 4 men's night shirts now in my closet now. Plaid flannel ones. Great for cool weather that is coming to the northern hemisphere.
The man card is that strong. I’m sure many of those who ran from it would actually find it comfortable if they could get beyond the man card.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:58 pm I started to get nervous about being in the busy women's section.
Why?
mishawakaskirt wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:58 pm I'm considering doing this more regularly, planting one or two entry level skirts in with the men's shorts.
More likely to be an annoyance than tempt a convert I'm afraid!
Also it is quite likely that your actions may be caught on camera.
Given your first statement, the nervousness will show and attract attention to you, the result could be embarrassing!
Does rather appeal to my warped sense of humour though.
Steve.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

STEVIE wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:28 am
mishawakaskirt wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:58 pm I started to get nervous about being in the busy women's section.
Why?
mishawakaskirt wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:58 pm I'm considering doing this more regularly, planting one or two entry level skirts in with the men's shorts.
More likely to be an annoyance than tempt a convert I'm afraid!
Also it is quite likely that your actions may be caught on camera.
Given your first statement, the nervousness will show and attract attention to you, the result could be embarrassing!
Does rather appeal to my warped sense of humour though.
Steve.
Would be a great social experiment though. Have a mens skirts section in thr mens section and see what happens
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

ScotL wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:31 am Would be a great social experiment though. Have a mens skirts section in thr mens section and see what happens
A few posters showing youngish men looking quite normal wearing 'ordinary' skirts in everyday leisure settings, without all the silly catwalk posing, might succeed in convincing enough men (and their wives) to start the snowball rolling.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

pelmut wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:53 am
ScotL wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:31 am Would be a great social experiment though. Have a mens skirts section in thr mens section and see what happens
A few posters showing youngish men looking quite normal wearing 'ordinary' skirts in everyday leisure settings, without all the silly catwalk posing, might succeed in convincing enough men (and their wives) to start the snowball rolling.
Especially if they’re ads for something other than skirts. Makes you wonder how to do it. When you guys buy a skirt online, do you leave a review with a male name? That may be one way to start. Some places encourage pictures.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

ScotL wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:31 am Especially if they’re ads for something other than skirts. Makes you wonder how to do it. When you guys buy a skirt online, do you leave a review with a male name? That may be one way to start. Some places encourage pictures.
Yes, but more often I buy from a real shop and try it on too.
Yesterday it was John Lewis in Edinburgh where Maninafrock, his Good Lady and I had a jolly good blether over a cuppa.
I will put a pictorial record up later.
Steve.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

ScotL wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:31 am When you guys buy a skirt online, do you leave a review with a male name? That may be one way to start. Some places encourage pictures.
I do indeed. I've seen a number of reviews or even customer photos on e-mail marketing lately where they've had a skirted man showing off the product.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

FLbreezy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:51 am
ScotL wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:31 am When you guys buy a skirt online, do you leave a review with a male name? That may be one way to start. Some places encourage pictures.
I do indeed. I've seen a number of reviews or even customer photos on e-mail marketing lately where they've had a skirted man showing off the product.
Wow, now that’s progress. Do you have a link or screen shot?