Pulse Nigeria: Strange or iconic? Bella Shmurda skirt to the BBN eviction show

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Pulse Nigeria: Strange or iconic? Bella Shmurda skirt to the BBN eviction show

Post by Coder »

https://www.pulse.ng/lifestyle/fashion/ ... ow/xm68z62

Another musician wearing a skirt causing a stir. While it is a bit silly, I'd love to just try wearing the jacket to see what it's like to wear.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Pulse Nigeria: Strange or iconic? Bella Shmurda skirt to the BBN eviction show

Post by Stu »

Here is a picture of the skirt:

I like it. Totally simple and wearable by anyone. Why can't they sell these in a range of colours for both sexes?

Or am I wrong?
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Pulse Nigeria: Strange or iconic? Bella Shmurda skirt to the BBN eviction show

Post by jamie001 »

Stu wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:29 pm Here is a picture of the skirt:

I like it. Totally simple and wearable by anyone. Why can't they sell these in a range of colours for both sexes?

Or am I wrong?
I also like it! There should be no color limitations. The colors and pattern for both women and men need to be the same.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Nice skirt - love the colour. I'd wear it any time.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

Sinned wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:42 pm Nice skirt - love the colour. I'd wear it any time.
Me too. There was something similar in the V&A "Masculinities" exhibition.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

The skirt is ok, But that jacket has to go
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

Love the skirt. Would love a range of colors, from basic black, grey and white, to darker blues, green, red, etc.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

If this is gaining traction in Nigeria, then things are really beginning to change! The outfit looks good, though I don't know why you need a coat and hoodie in an Equatorial climate :P
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
Dungo

Post by Dungo »

Chirp wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:25 am The skirt is ok, But that jacket has to go
In a funny kind of way the jacket takes the focus off the skirt and makes the skirt seem unremarkable, which has to be a good thing if it helps normalise MIS.

I too do like the skirt.