A$AP Rocky rocks leather skirt

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

A$AP Rocky rocks leather skirt

Post by new2skirts »

Rihanna's rapper boyfriend, A$AP Rocky, steps out in a leather skirt...

https://www.vogue.com/article/adollarap ... a-givenchy

Any scorn is directed to his choice of footwear, and it's a bit too hot for leather and a hoodie :oops:

Rihanna is a follower of Mark Bryan, who posts his pencil-skirted looks on Instagram and is now a model 8)
asap-rocky-skirt_41.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A$AP Rocky rocks leather skirt

Post by Coder »

LOL, was just about to post this. I like that skirt much more than Brad Pitt’s - even though I’m a linen fan. A few articles are out now about this, I won’t go out and say this is becoming a trend but it’s nice to see.

I know many here are dismissive over what celebrities can usher in and influence the public. I don’t care if guys decide to start wearing skirts because of them. However, every celebrity example reaches a different segment of the population, and I think it gives regular people an “out” and helps them deal with any cognitive dissonance they might have trying to understand a “guy in a skirt”.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

A$AP and Rihanna are such mainstream artists, some may follow them and be influenced, though these one wear only highly priced items are out of the majority's grasp. There are so many young guys just wearing skirts right now and not giving a sh!t, mostly on Insta and other platforms, it's becoming a normal celebrity thing to do. There were less than 50 comments in the Daily Fail, where it doesn't take much to trigger their conservative readers, but perhaps a man wearing ridiculous shoes with his leather pencil skirt is more upsetting, along with a thick hoodie? :mrgreen:

Some are still keen to call it a "kilt", but Kilts are generally wool and plaid, have pleats at the back, not leather with a slit for ease of movement :roll:

We will see more men in skirts as the hot weather continues :sunny:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

I like the skirt, shoes, and entire outfit. Kudos to A$AP!! :D
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

What about the guy in the background with the red gloves, white dress or skirt, or....?
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

Faldaguy wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:56 am What about the guy in the background with the red gloves, white dress or skirt, or....?
I think that is a photographer's assistant holding a mirror or reflector, in his black rubber-palmed, red utility-gloved hands. The mirror is propped up by one of the guy's shoes.
For a lighting effect?