yahoo! lifestyle: Harry Styles to Brad Pitt: Male stars throwing gender fashion rules out the window

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

yahoo! lifestyle: Harry Styles to Brad Pitt: Male stars throwing gender fashion rules out the window

Post by Coder »

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/harry-st ... 40907.html

While his style is much more flamboyant than anything I'd wear, he's got a good point:
Pose actor Billy Porter has loved playing with fashion stereotypes over the years.

"I used to get frustrated that women could wear whatever they wanted and men had to show up in the same penguin suit," he says.

"My goal is to be a walking piece of political art every time I show up. To challenge expectations. What is masculinity? What does that mean? Women show up every day in pants, but the minute a man wears a dress, the seas part," he told Vogue in 2019.

"I’m not a drag queen, I’m a man in a dress," he added.

Let's hope one day people can just wear whatever they like and not have fashion labelled for one particular gender or the other.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: yahoo! lifestyle: Harry Styles to Brad Pitt: Male stars throwing gender fashion rules out the window

Post by moonshadow »

Billy Porter in that pink dress...

man that is TIGHT!

+1! :D

(he went a little overboard on the makeup though IMO... but to each their own)
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.