Reading drag queen story hour. Radicals attempt citizen arrest

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Reading drag queen story hour. Radicals attempt citizen arrest

Post by Barleymower »

crfriend wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:51 pm
Barleymower wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:41 pmCarl I did look at it through the eyes of a five year old. I have been with each of my children where they passed this age.
I'll qualify my remarks to state that I do not have any children (having sensed the path of humanity some 40 years ago), and was projecting the image into what I recall my childhood mind to be like -- and I would have been spooked by it at the time.

All this means is that I possess yet another "unpopular opinion", and I hold several of those and bear no ill will against anybody for it.

Live and let live.
I did the same many years ago and decided then to do my kids a favour and not bring them into this world. I changed my mind knowing that life has always been tough.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

In the case of my own children, I have doubts that I will ever be a Grandad except in looks.
However, I have no input to that aspect of their lives.
Fine by me as dynastic aspirations just don't move me at all.
Could be a story for the Glam Raconteur there too.
Steve
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

So I'd like to ask the naysayers on this thread a simple question..

Where does it stop?

Read the vomit that spews from the mouths of protesters, pundits, and "freedom fighters", look at what actual people in congress are saying, what they're advocating for.

Do you honestly thing it's going to stop at drag queens?

They are coming for all of us here, including those overseas. This toxic ideology can not be contained by an ocean.

Don't be a sucker
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

moonshadow wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:46 am So I'd like to ask the naysayers on this thread a simple question..

Where does it stop?

Read the vomit that spews from the mouths of protesters, pundits, and "freedom fighters", look at what actual people in congress are saying, what they're advocating for.

Do you honestly thing it's going to stop at drag queens?

They are coming for all of us here, including those overseas. This toxic ideology can not be contained by an ocean.

Don't be a sucker
I could not agree more.
Ozdelights
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ozdelights »

Andy_G wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:43 pm
She is looking enthusiastic, trying to engage the kids and make the story fun. Her outfit is bright colourful, and somewhat tame for a drag act.

Why are folk so upset by this? My kids would love it. They’ve been brought up to be accepting, inclusive and very aware of the issues LGBTQIA+ folks face.
And the kids probably don't even notice the one thing that makes protesters go 'shock horror'. Kids don't go checking that like adults do.
cookieninja

Post by cookieninja »

moonshadow wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:09 am Sometimes I think "protesters" (both sides) are just people on some special interest payroll somewhere.
I hear this a lot, having been involved in organising a few things. There's obviously some overlap, for example people attending who also have links to an entity that's helped with funding however I've never met anyone in such a position who's been involved for any reason other than it means something to them personally.
I actually don't know anyone who has ever "protested". Of course everyone I know has to work a full time job and generally has somewhat of a life outside if that so.... where does one really find the time?
"Nah... let's go hold pointless signs that everyone will just ignore all day..." :roll:
That's not actually true, a core component of a *good* protest is outreach, having conversations with people and getting time in the newspapers, radio and television. You might not take an interest or care, but its careless and naive to judge billions by your own feelings and experiences. Protests are just one tool in the box for anyone looking to create to change in the world, and you can't always tell whether or not you had any success. For a few years after the biggest Extinction Rebellion protests in the UK it wasn't clear anything was achieved. In the last year the government has been in court in relation to promises it made as a result of those protests, and in the last few days its emerged that ministers have been warned that they are risking facing more legal consequences. We forced an outgoing Prime Minster to pass legislation and now other groups are leveraging that to heap more pressure on them to deliver on promises. You can't measure anything from the news output of a single event in a single moment