Grid: Brad Pitt wore a skirt on the red carpet of his movie premiere, and the internet lost it. Why do people care so mu

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Grid: Brad Pitt wore a skirt on the red carpet of his movie premiere, and the internet lost it. Why do people care so mu

Post by Coder »

Brad Pitt wore a skirt on the red carpet of his movie premiere, and the internet lost it. Why do people care so much?

https://www.grid.news/story/politics/20 ... e-so-much/

I thought this was a good article - sadly the interview was "edited for length and clarity" as I would be interested in reading more of the interview.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Grid: Brad Pitt wore a skirt on the red carpet of his movie premiere, and the internet lost it. Why do people care s

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

Yes.

This resonated with me:
Pitt is a man in his 50s connecting with an ideal that is much more related to the youth culture of the moment. So, I think there’s also a little dissonance there of like, “That’s for the kids, like Harry Styles can do that, but what if your dad did it?”

Non-binary identity, make-up for men, gender-fluidity, cross-dressing: it's all fine if you're under 30 but is a minefield if you're over 40 and not already well known as an eccentric rock star. But I think members of this forum have demonstrated that skirts, at least, can be carried off with style and dignity by men of any age.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Grid: Brad Pitt wore a skirt on the red carpet of his movie premiere, and the internet lost it. Why do people care s

Post by Sinned »

B*ll*cks to that. I'm 68 and wear short skirts and bright clothing. I try to get as far away from old man's wear as I can get.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.