Daily Mail: Christian Wilkins courts attention in a bright patterned top and mini skirt as he parties in LA - after slam

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Daily Mail: Christian Wilkins courts attention in a bright patterned top and mini skirt as he parties in LA - after

Post by Faldaguy »

by TomOfTx » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:04 pm

Sounds like the comments from my wife, who by the way is the only person who has taken issue with me wearing skirts. Other comments include how I am sinning, I am a cross dresser, and it confuses the kids!

Back story on me. I am a long time truck driver based here in Texas. I have dealt with vascular disease in both legs for the past 18 years. Already been wearing compression hose for more than ten years. Earlier this year I began looking at wearing a skirt as an alternative to pants/shorts as it looked like having no inseam it could reduce pressure on my legs while sitting for long periods such as driving my truck. I found over time the skirts were keeping my legs more comfortable. In May, I began wearing the skirts outside the truck. Over the first few weeks I noticed I was not getting any weird reactions from anyone. A few women smiled. I now wear a skirt almost exclusively out in public, in the truck stops, everywhere! I mainly wear blue or black denim skirts, all having pockets and functioning like I was wearing pants. They are just so comfortable! I wish I began wearing them years ago! I have no fear of being judged by others at all! I walk around in the skirt as if I was wearing pants/shorts.

As I said, only my wife, the person who should be the most supportive, has been the only one with a problem!
Hola Tom of TX;
Nice to see a new voice here -- at least if I'm reading the notations correctly, you've just recently joined, but not entered an "Introductions" hello to all. If you've been 'lurking' (I dislike that word) you may have seen quite a few comments that back up your experience --- nobody really cares what you wear; except maybe your S.O.! A common theme here unfortunately. I can remember wondering what might be the response at a truck stop the first few times I wore a skirt in such -- and found it was no different than anywhere else, a non-issue. I'd think if you can wear skirts in a TX truck stop, surely to god there is no place you can't wear one! Anyway, welcome to the café. May I recommend you share your "back story" in the Introductions portion of the forum as a good way to get acquainted with more us. There is also several threads on leg wear and stockings that may be interest, or to which you can make helpful contributions -- you are not the only one here with vascular issues.

Bienvenidos from Ticolandia (Costa Rica)
TomOfTx

Re: Daily Mail: Christian Wilkins courts attention in a bright patterned top and mini skirt as he parties in LA - after

Post by TomOfTx »

Hi there Faldaguy! Thank you for the greetings!

I have been looking around here for a few weeks, busy reading many threads. I will add a message to the introduction thread. I can copy most of my last message as part of an introduction.

For the past few months I have been wearing a skirt openly on my weekly trip driving my tractor trailer between the Houston, Texas area out to Albuquerque, New Mexico and back. The reactions have been the same everywhere, whether in the big cities or small conservative towns, none! Since I am not wearing anything that really stands out, mostly black or blue denim skirts, I wonder how many people even realize what I am wearing. I do wear tan Jobst ultra sheer compression hose, so that can be noticeable. In recent weeks I have been people watching and have noticed the shorts I see many guys wearing are long and baggy! A few times I thought another guy was wearing a skirt too until they were close enough to see the split in their shorts.

Personally, skirts are the new normal for me. If I wear pants ever again, it will only be when necessary, such as due to some weather events. Personally, seeing a celebrity wearing a skirt makes no difference to me. It had no effect on my decision to wear a skirt. I do not feel it will change the minds of most people either! The average Joe on the street is more likely to be influenced by other average guys wearing a skirt openly in public and getting no negative reactions. We together can make the change of peoples perception of a man in a skirt! It will just take more and more of us to ever make it become normal to the rest of society. I am willing to do my part! 😎
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

TOT, my wife is fairly tolerant around the house but I get similar comments if I try to go outside. B*gg*r.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.