Who What Wear: Brad Pitt Just Wore a Skirt on the Red Carpet and Pulled It Off With Ease

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Who What Wear: Brad Pitt Just Wore a Skirt on the Red Carpet and Pulled It Off With Ease

Post by Coder »

https://www.whowhatwear.com/brad-pitt-s ... red-carpet

I can't recall - has he been seen in a skirt or dress in the past?

The rest of the outfits on the page are your usual male dreck.
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Who What Wear: Brad Pitt Just Wore a Skirt on the Red Carpet and Pulled It Off With Ease

Post by rivegauche »

I recall that he wore a short skirt as a gladiator in some film. He was married to Jennifer Aniston at the time, and she asked him to wear it at home.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Who What Wear: Brad Pitt Just Wore a Skirt on the Red Carpet and Pulled It Off With Ease

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Now Brad Pitt's outfit is very every day tasteful. A tru MIS look.
And not something out of touch with really, like alot of the high fashion runway junk we have seen of late.

Regarding
Christian Wilkins
Outfit, that's a big thumbs down for me.
With the long hair and all is making the whole ensemble a little bit too fem for me.

So Brad Pitt :salut: :salut: :salut: 8)

Christian Wilkins :snooty: :naughty: :snooty: :blue:

In other news
(Out and about) I was out and about in my denim skort tonight. One gal might have noticed tonight as I was checking out, she seemed to be all smiles after I walked up to her check station. Nothing was said or implied, so she just might be a very happy person. The world needs more of them.( Happy smiling people)
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:57 am Now Brad Pitt's outfit is very every day tasteful. A tru MIS look.
And not something out of touch with really, like alot of the high fashion runway junk we have seen of late.

Regarding
Christian Wilkins
Outfit, that's a big thumbs down for me.
With the long hair and all is making the whole ensemble a little bit too fem for me.

So Brad Pitt :salut: :salut: :salut: 8)

Christian Wilkins :snooty: :naughty: :snooty: :blue:
That’s kinda what prompted me to put the two up - they showed up in the same news feed and the difference between the two were stark. I too prefer Pitt’s outfit, though I think there’s room in the world for more, erm, brightly colored outfits, granted, Wilkins is not just wearing brightly colored clothes but also the way they fit/etc… and possibly the message he is sending.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Not a fan of the Brad Pitt look. It’s too slovenly for me. Looks like he’s been dragged through a hedge backwards. Hey ho.
Last edited by Ray on Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Offkilter69
Distinguished Member

Post by Offkilter69 »

Any day a star of Brad Pitt’s fame dons a sensible skirt outfit in the view of the national eye is a good day for the MIS cause, whether you like him and/or the look or not.

In contrast, while Christian Wilkins’ styles may be good for some gender-fluid folk, they do not do any favors for the majority of the users of this forum.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

My wife actually showed me this article on her phone and she's commented about it a few times. She liked the skirt but thought he looked a little sloppy otherwise, but I think it's really a net positive in her acceptance. Personally I thought the skirt was very "masculine" (if I may use that word). The color and unevenness hearkened back to an animal skin wrapped around the waist in days gone by.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

FLbreezy wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:11 pm My wife actually showed me this article on her phone and she's commented about it a few times. She liked the skirt but thought he looked a little sloppy otherwise, but I think it's really a net positive in her acceptance. Personally I thought the skirt was very "masculine" (if I may use that word). The color and unevenness hearkened back to an animal skin wrapped around the waist in days gone by.
I got "hunter-gatherer" vibes from his outfit as well. I did find it a bit sloppy, perhaps the same tops - just a bit more fitted?
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Fox News - Outnumbered - had a short segment today on the Brad Pitt skirt. It was - well actually it wasn't as bad as I'd feared a segment would be. Once someone uploads a copy of it to YouTube I'll post it here, but unfortunately none of the hosts were on board with it. But... the flip side... they also didn't conflate it with any stereotypes so that there is progress.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Here's a link to their commentary:

https://youtu.be/nQClKBIIk9w?t=1886

Note - if it doesn't jump for you, go to 31:27 to see the segment. I don't watch the show - it was on a TV in a waiting room. However, I have seen it in the past and the show irks me because it clearly highlights the dichotomy between what's acceptable for women to wear and men. Granted, anytime I've seen it the women all dress alike - the guy is always in a boring suit - one could argue they don't have a choice either.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

I like Brad Pitt's outfit. It's very casual - the unironed linen does that to an outfit - but it's a well thought out look. And it looks like normal clothes, not like something weird off the catwalk.

The more famous men we have going out in skirts, the better. It all helps to normalise the concept.

The TV presenters were much less against it than I expected. I have a sneaking feeling they actually quite liked it.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

skirtyscot wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:41 pm The TV presenters were much less against it than I expected. I have a sneaking feeling they actually quite liked it.
I know, right? That's what surprised me the most, and why I posted it.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Not worth starting a new thread over, here's a related article:

https://www.vogue.com/article/im-obsess ... nen-skirt/
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

I saw this on Reddit and got a chuckle out of it...
That time Keanu put on a skirt.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I really could not care less about what Brad Pitt, or some other starlet of the silver screen wears. That's not the world I live in. I'm trying to change the world I live in, not theirs.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!