New ASOS heels and skirts for men (UK site)

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

New ASOS heels and skirts for men (UK site)

Post by new2skirts »

Stumbled across this, quite a nice look
https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-d ... pasteboard

All modeled by a man, quite like his skirt too! A bit pricey, but nice to see in mainstream shops at last :wink:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New ASOS heels and skirts for men (UK site)

Post by JeffB1959 »

The ankle boots were about $70 U.S. not too bad. I’ve certainly spent more on footwear.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

new2skirts wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:18 pm Stumbled across this, quite a nice look
https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-d ... pasteboard

All modeled by a man, quite like his skirt too! A bit pricey, but nice to see in mainstream shops at last :wink:
There's no mention of the skirt on that page, but a quick search of the site found this:
https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-d ... /201869043
SkaterSkirtWearer

Post by SkaterSkirtWearer »

Good to see a mainstream brand offering some skirts. Don't know how well they will sell, maybe the UK Heatwave may help a bit.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

SkaterSkirtWearer wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:18 pm Good to see a mainstream brand offering some skirts. Don't know how well they will sell, maybe the UK Heatwave may help a bit.
A bit short for me and if it is a tight 42" it would not fit, also I am not a fan of wrap skirts, however, if they are producing one skirt for men, maybe more will follow, maybe even one fit for a 60 year old monster!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Those are part of their ASOS Design brand:
ASOS DESIGN

Giving you the confidence to express your individuality, ASOS DESIGN interprets major trends, adding that next-level ASOS spin. Representing in our size ranges (ASOS Curve, Tall, Petite and Maternity), we've got all the stuff you need to invent a style that’s all yours… making every day, night and everything in-between as extraordinary as you are.
One skirt option - I suppose that's progress! Although the women's category in that brand has 1,077 styles - still quite a bit of ways to go to reach parity :D.

I'm not a big fan of their footwear selection - but at least there is some variety. And looking over the women's selection of shoes - meh as well.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Not bad leather skirt, but from years of wearing wrap skirts (kilts) it doesn't look like there's sufficient wrap for modesty, meaning people see tomorrows laundry if a gust of wind catches your skirt :oops: meaning holding one edge after crossing your legs... perhaps the pictures don't do it justice. For that money, I could get a faux leather pencil skirt and a Zara denim and still have change. For under £50 it's a step in the right direction, nice to see the model show some legs where usually these are teamed with pants or trousers :roll:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...