Youtuber wears a dress a day for a week

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Youtuber wears a dress a day for a week

Post by Chirp »

Neat vid to watch.

The main thing is have a good attitude. Thats one thing he has and it helps.
Down side to any vid is did he wear a dress's all week,
Not just for the time he was doing vids,
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Ralph wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:35 pm I can't wear shorter-than-knee skirts because even when I'm just wearing them at home I feel so exposed! Plus I just prefer the feel of the skirt brushing against my legs all the way down.

But never mind that, this is the important bit: Either this chap is using cardboard props to simulate weights or he is going to ruin his back before he's 30. Lift with the knees, mate!

No, don't lift with the knees, use the strongest muscles in the body, lower back through to the knees, the last thing I did when I worked for the Training section in our place was train as a manual handling instructor. I could go into detail but not here, now! it's getting late!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Having bust my gut in my early to mid twenties lifting big weights as part of our then training regimen for serious competitive rowing, the recieved wisdom when addressing a big free lift like the one illustrated was to keep one's eyes on a point high up on the oposite wall, thus flattening the spine and facilitating a clean lift. With a personal weight of 180lbs, the maximum I managed to lift to a straight arm position over my head and stand under it for xyz seconds was 220lbs. More than enough, in hindsight.

The long-term lower spinal effects came home to roost for me, however and at age 52 I had a bunch of several strain-induced osteophytes (growths on the vertebral bodies which pinched my sciatic nerves big-time) removed by microsurgery. Successful in the long run, but with quite a lot of afterhocks following the op.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Kirbstone wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:00 am Having bust my gut in my early to mid twenties lifting big weights as part of our then training regimen for serious competitive rowing, the recieved wisdom when addressing a big free lift like the one illustrated was to keep one's eyes on a point high up on the oposite wall, thus flattening the spine and facilitating a clean lift. With a personal weight of 180lbs, the maximum I managed to lift to a straight arm position over my head and stand under it for xyz seconds was 220lbs. More than enough, in hindsight.

The long-term lower spinal effects came home to roost for me, however and at age 52 I had a bunch of several strain-induced osteophytes (growths on the vertebral bodies which pinched my sciatic nerves big-time) removed by microsurgery. Successful in the long run, but with quite a lot of afterhocks following the op.

Tom
Hi Tom,
My training is for manual handling in industry, not weightlifting as such, part of the technique is as you say, to look up which gets the neck muscles adding support to the spine, then lifting with both back and leg muscles, there is a lot more to t than that. If like me you have bad knees then you are forced to lift using something like the technique I was taught, which is also taught to nurses to help them with lifting patients.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!