Opinion piece. it really is that simple

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Opinion piece. it really is that simple

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Finally someone sorta gets it.

I don't recall seeing this short opinion piece so I thought I would share it with everyone.

Someone figured it out some men like to wear dresses and it really is that simple. Spread the word.

https://www.kstatecollegian.com/2020/11 ... at-simple/
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Brad
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Opinion piece. it really is that simple

Post by Brad »

I'm glad to see that some people value traditionally masculine traits and strong men. Society has been trending towards the feminization of men and considering these traits and men to be toxic to society. Most evil-dooers are men, but most men are not evil-dooers.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

Brad wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:40 pm I'm glad to see that some people value traditionally masculine traits and strong men. Society has been trending towards the feminization of men and considering these traits and men to be toxic to society. Most evil-dooers are men, but most men are not evil-dooers.
One of the aspects I object to is the stereotyping. Just because we can value strong men, that doesn't mean that all men are obliged to be strong (or all women to be either sexy or motherly). Especially if the men interpret "strength" as having to repress all expression of negative emotions, or having to appear "strong" at all times in all situations. I don't mind other men being obsessed with sport, cars, barbecues, and body-building, as long as they don't imply (or even state) that I am somehow inferior because I am not really interested in any of those things.

The article includes the comment that the Eastern world understands real masculinity, That would be the manly men raping women in Ukraine, then, would it?
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Brad wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:40 pmMost evil-dooers are men, but most men are not evil-dooers.
No, evil women just look different than evil men. They engage in different kinds of evil actions, but I'm convinced the proportions are about the same...
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

Brad wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:40 pm Society has been trending towards the feminization of men.
Come to think of it, I think this is not only inevitable but necessary. The trend towards a just equality of opportunity and esteem between the sexes has, for the last 150 years or so, involved largely the masculinization of women, in order to help them adopt roles seen (unjustifiably) by society as inherently "masculine" (such as becoming lawyers, doctors, firefighters, soldiers, and politicians). I have no shame about spending many hours of my life feeding, changing, and trying to entertain two small children while the breadwinner of the family went out to do her thing.

They have been borrowing our trousers for a century, and it's time we borrowed some stuff back the other way.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Myopic Bookworm wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:56 pm
Brad wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:40 pmSociety has been trending towards the feminization of men.
Come to think of it, I think this is not only inevitable but necessary. The trend towards a just equality of opportunity and esteem between the sexes has, for the last 150 years or so, involved largely the masculinization of women, in order to help them adopt roles seen (unjustifiably) by society as inherently "masculine" (such as becoming lawyers, doctors, firefighters, soldiers, and politicians).
I see it a bit differently. I sense that the Law of Unintended Consequences has been operative all along and what's happened is that we now have a culture full of very masculine women, and the men have reacted by morphing their own masculinity into machismo which is causing inordinate damage now -- both societally and to the mental states of men in general.

Also, men are quite good indeed in policing each other to keep others in line, and that's been part of the problem. Women are also very adept at policing men because they shun ones that don't meet expectations (and it doesn't matter if the expectations are (1) bogus and (2) illusory). In short, it's become a royal mess.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

My opinion on this topic is most likely not going to be popular here on the cafe. Since I live in America and we have more school shootings than holidays in the year, I believe there is a real problem with men in our society. If you examine all of the school shootings in America and all of the violent crimes, they have one thing in common - The perpetrators are all men!! Why doesn't American society see this simple demographic? Why are they ignoring it? How boys are socialized and raised needs to be fixed now!!

Men are not well adjusted and don't know how to deal with their feelings and emotions because they are taught that men are to be tough, stoic, and that the only emotion that is acceptable is anger and aggression. They are fed this BS beginning at about 3 years of age, and reprimanded for expression any emotions or liking anything that is deemed to be feminine by society. What if a man likes to feel pretty or wants to express emotion that is against the man programming? That feeling goes against "man programming" and causes conflict and other psychological issues that may eventually cause the man program to crash and lash-out in anger and aggression. What if we were to socialize men the same way that we socialize women in today's society? Let the boys and men choose what they like and don't like regardless of the societal assigned gender of the item or activity? We have done that here in America with girls/women. In America girls can currently become Boy Scouts, however Boys cannot become Girl Scouts! On the other hand, if we allowed boys to join the Girls Scouts, no boys would join because their peers would at verbally ridicule and bully them and at worst, they would physically beat them.

We also have the men that believe that because they were born male that they have no feminine characteristics. This is flawed thinking as has been demonstrated by psychology. The men try to masculinize anything feminine that they do. For example, nail polish and hair color. They must buy men's nail polish and men's hair color with masculine names in order to be okay with using these products. On the other hand, women buy and use items that are deemed by society to be masculine with no qualms all of the time. They do not have the hangups that men have.

Why can't men just accept that the enjoy doing something that is deemed to be feminine by society and that by doing so they are expressing the feminine and softer side of their personality that we all have regardless of our physical sex? I have seen this here on the Cafe and while I respect their opinions, I believe that they are really in denial about emotions or feelings that are feminine in nature.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

jamie001 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:32 pmMy opinion on this topic is most likely not going to be popular here on the cafe. Since I live in America and we have more school shootings than holidays in the year, I believe there is a real problem with men in our society. If you examine all of the school shootings in America and all of the violent crimes, they have one thing in common - The perpetrators are all men!! Why doesn't American society see this simple demographic? Why are they ignoring it? How boys are socialized and raised needs to be fixed now!!
Au contraire! This should have been fixed years ago, and ideally never been put into motion by radical "feminism". Men in the US have been having their psyches sabotaged since the 1960s, and the process only accelerated in the 1980s. It's no wonder that it's out of control now.
Why can't men just accept that the enjoy doing something that is deemed to be feminine by society and that by doing so they are expressing the feminine and softer side of their personality that we all have regardless of our physical sex? I have seen this here on the Cafe and while I respect their opinions, I believe that they are really in denial about emotions or feelings that are feminine in nature.
Emotions -- the whole range of them -- are neither "masculine" nor "feminine": they are universal to human beings, and a fundamental part of the human experience. We deny them to a subset of the population at our peril. Full stop. By denying them, we remove the familiarity with them, and in so doing leave the individual to which they've been denied completely ill-prepared to deal with them when he experiences them (because this is primarily a male problem thanks to the broken culture).
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Midas
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Midas »

I can’t say that I have become less masculine since choosing to wear dresses and skirts. Some may wear them to express their feminine side but that’s not necessarily the case. It may make me happier and more relaxed but if provoked I’m just as combative and competitive as ever.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Midas wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:22 pm I can’t say that I have become less masculine since choosing to wear dresses and skirts.
Personally I'd say neither more or less.
What I have become more of, is just ME.
Anyone who is unfortunate enough to clap eyes on me now get the real deal.
It was the previous versions that were counterfeit.
Some folks even agree that I am a much better person because of it too.
Steve.
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

STEVIE wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:38 pm
Personally I'd say neither more or less.
What I have become more of, is just ME.
Anyone who is unfortunate enough to clap eyes on me now get the real deal.
It was the previous versions that were counterfeit.
Some folks even agree that I am a much better person because of it too.
Steve.
I could not have stated this any better. Thanks Stevie!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

It's Father's Day tomorrow and my wife will be off to a car boot sale, as usual, so I am taking the opportunity to go off skirted to MaccyD's for a breakfast. It's rare that I go there but I just fancy their breakfast fare. I prefer BK but the one nearby caught fire and the structure has been rebuilt and they are fitting it out now.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Sinned wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:11 pm It's Father's Day tomorrow and my wife will be off to a car boot sale, as usual, so I am taking the opportunity to go off skirted to MaccyD's
Aye Dennis, while the cats away etc......
Here's us two, both Dads and both skirted outings today will be solo flights today too.
Sad, but it really is that simple too.
FFS don't be tempted to drown your sorrows in deep fried pizza or mars bars.
Steve.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Steve, I was at Audiology today and had my aids tweaked which means that I can hear again. I'm in line for new aids as I've had my current pair for about 4 years. Anyway I went in a pale blue polycotton knee length skirt and the 20 minute session was professionally done by a young lady. I then went to see my mum and took her to hospital for some medication. Then for a meal and some shopping before taking her home. In all that time, 6 hours, there were no comments on the skirt. As it was really, really hot ( for here ) I was grateful for the skirt, so airy and cool. I really did feel free and comfortable. MOH didn't ask and I didn't volunteer, if she had I would have told the truth.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Dennis
I certainly wouldn't doubt that you'd tell the truth and I know very well the "don't ask, don't tell "scenario.
Good news on the hearing front too.
All my hospital visits and stay for the past years have been skirted and only once have I had an unacceptable reaction.
As for the latest round, I'd say it was quite enjoyable really.
Comfort, pretty nurses to chat with and improved vision, what more can a man want?
Steve.