"National Boycott" over childrens book at Pizza Hut

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: "National Boycott" over childrens book at Pizza Hut

Post by STEVIE »

Uncle Al wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:15 pm IF someone 'Deep Frys' Pizza, they are not right in the head
Ah, but would you boycott your favourite Pizza place for promoting unhealthy eating to kids if it was a choice on the junior menu?
I actually agree with you and I have actually seen it done too, ugh!
There is a local fish and chip place which claims to be the original source of the deep fried Mars Bar.
Between that and Pizza, I don't know which is worst.
It's moot because I doubt I will ever be tempted to try either.
Bon Appetit
Steve.
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bodycon »

rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

My understanding is that the only people who buy deep fried Mars bars are tourists.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Here in Scotland they will deep fry just about anything, cheap cheese and tomato pizza becomes pizza crunch, Mars Bars get battered and fried, I have seen chippies offering deep fried Cadbury's crème eggs and also deep fried curly Whirlys . No, I have never tried any of these, I thought I was eating fairly healthily but not healthily enough it seems!
I am sure if you went into the average Glasgow chippy they would happily serve you a salad, but battered and deep fried!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

rivegauche wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:31 pm My understanding is that the only people who buy deep fried Mars bars are tourists.
The chip shop in question is the Carron Fish Bar and the "delicacy" is still on offer at £2.50 each.
I know that it was some local kids that instigated the fad but that was many years ago.
I have no idea what the current demand or it's demographic is but from B&B's comments I'd suggest that it's not just tourists being silly about what they eat.
Big and Bashful wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:50 pm I have seen chippies offering deep fried Cadbury's crème eggs and
Never mind a chippie B&B, a relatively posh hotel in Aberdeen. At my Daughter's graduation dinner, my Son had one for dessert. Personally it was a stunt by him to wind up me and his then new wife. She is very particular about her food intake except potato crisps, then anything goes.
I just told him he was crazy and deserved to throw up, she just stayed silent, the look said enough. No idea what discussion took place later, nor whether he has eaten another one.
Steve.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

STEVIE wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:26 am
rivegauche wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:31 pm My understanding is that the only people who buy deep fried Mars bars are tourists.
The chip shop in question is the Carron Fish Bar and the "delicacy" is still on offer at £2.50 each.
I know that it was some local kids that instigated the fad but that was many years ago.
I have no idea what the current demand or it's demographic is but from B&B's comments I'd suggest that it's not just tourists being silly about what they eat.
Big and Bashful wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:50 pm I have seen chippies offering deep fried Cadbury's crème eggs and
Never mind a chippie B&B, a relatively posh hotel in Aberdeen. At my Daughter's graduation dinner, my Son had one for dessert. Personally it was a stunt by him to wind up me and his then new wife. She is very particular about her food intake except potato crisps, then anything goes.
I just told him he was crazy and deserved to throw up, she just stayed silent, the look said enough. No idea what discussion took place later, nor whether he has eaten another one.
Steve.
As I have said, it is something that I have never found even remotely tempting, the closest I have come to one of those "delicacies" is a banana fritter, sweet and gooey and battered, I imagine a battered Mars bar to be like that but even more sickly. Again I wouldn't have bought one of those but I have always liked a big lump of chicken breast, so from a Chinese takeaway, I used to opt for a chicken maryland on a regular basis, which tend to feature, alongside the battered hen, a pineapple fritter and a banana fritter, both I would eat but didn't really enjoy. Since recently being diagnosed as a diabetic, which has really helped me lose weight! I know that battered food = bad, chips = worse than bad and finally, Chinese takeaways are the worst type of takeaway for me. Bum!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Uncle Al wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:15 pm Deep Frying is for chicken, fish, potatoes, onion rings, zucchini and Scotch Eggs :D
Man... I could go for a Scotch Egg right about now...