"National Boycott" over childrens book at Pizza Hut

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Re: "National Boycott" over childrens book at Pizza Hut

Post by Dust »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:39 pm
moonshadow wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:58 am They are the only ones that can make a pineapple and pepperoni pizza to my satisfaction... I also like their boneless wings too.
I am lucky in that category as I have an independent pizza parlor just 5 miles from my door who makes the best pizza in 5 states and that includes pineapple and pepperoni pizza what we call Hawaiian Pizza. Their pizzas are made fresh, the dough is made fresh twice a day and is absolutely the tastiest I have ever had.
:chef: :thumright: :toast:
And they are skirt friendly too!!
Pineapple does NOT belong on pizza!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Dust wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:28 amPineapple does NOT belong on pizza!
I totally disagree with that :!:
Fresh 'roasted' pineapple on a fresh baked Pizza, is quite DELICIOUS :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Ah well, There's no accounting for taste. I just hide myself in the top branches of our pineapple tree in the back garden.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Kirbstone wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:30 amAh well, There's no accounting for taste. I just hide myself in the top branches of our pineapple tree in the back garden.
And, no doubt, noshing on pizza. However, that's pizza atop pineapple.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I like some pineapple on pizza, my favourite pizza (that I can find here) has almost everything they have apart from olives and anchovies. However in a proper Italian restaurant, erm, er, well, um, well, I like pepperoni, chicken, mushroom, sweetcorn, peppers, spicy chicken, lots of cheese as long as it is under the toppings. A combination of a few of those toppings would keep me happy.
However all this is now hypothetical since for me now, carbs are bad so pizza is out.

P.S.
Humph!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by Kirbstone » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:30 am

Ah well, There's no accounting for taste. I just hide myself in the top branches of our pineapple tree in the back garden.

Tom
From the land of tall tales, I think you will need a 'curb-stone' tail and one of your 11 yard kilts lest ye fall from that 'tree'; but worry not unless those trees have grown with the same hyperbole as Fierce O’Brutalfiercelyfierce proclaims, your fall from the tree won't be far, but pray the wool be fiercely thorn resistant or you may wish a visit from Dian Cecht or perhaps Dagda's daughter Brigid to soothe your wounds -- be they to derrières or that Irish charm that shines through adversity with nary a pineapple bush frond apparent! :D For the tally, I'll take my Hawaiian pizza atop a mere barstool any day.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Gosh, FG, You're right on the button there! A few years ago MOH had a polytunnel installed in our garden, inside which lies our only chance of growing decent veggie, quite so far North of the Equator.

When they arrived with the low-loader and the pineapple tree on it, they had to take it all away again, as the headroom inside the polytunnel was insufficient, so we settled for runner beans instead :blue:

We attended a medieval banquet in the cellar at Warwick Castle some years ago in which all food was consumed from a 'plate' of unleavened bread.
Pizzas are the modern equivalent in that the pastry base is merely a plate to pile everything on and the list there can be endless.

Tom
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

We just buy a cheap cheese pizza from Aldi and add our own toppings even to the extent of having asymmetrically topped pizzas. Works for us. We do have a place closeish that does make your own but haven't used them for a while.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Tom, That is a relief. I can't imagine the impact of such grand trees upon our local Tico farmers, and friends in Hawaii with their mere bushes -- it would be akin to body shaming -- devastating.

Sorry the beans are not your favorites--I don't think I've had 'em on my pizza. No worries though, with all the BS in that Irish soil you may have Jack climbing them soon -- surely a better attraction than that little house William built!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Truth is, FG, I'm not into pizzas at all and have little use for the sort of pastry they are made of. 4000 years ago MOH & I met up with her younger bro. & his then German girlfriand at Lido di Jesolo, outside Venice (Italy) and sitting outside at one of the concrete boulevard eateries we waited almost a whole hour having ordered pizzas before giving up and walking away !

I found it curious visiting the island of Grenada to see their extensive planting out of pineapples in rows on the ground, whereas in Ireland the Leprechauns play their harps all day up in the upper branches of our stately pineapple trees, gently swaying in the fierce force 11 Atlantic blasts, one of which greeted us last week in Kerry, literally blowing us away, so we packed up and came home three days early, having just managed to cut the foot-high grass round the house, which grows on 388 days a year down there.

Tom
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Kirbstone wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:03 am Truth is, FG, I'm not into pizzas at all and have little use for the sort of pastry they are made of.
I make my pizzas using my basic whole wheat bread recipe for the crust. Much better than the commercial white stuff. I can get pizza faster from scratch than driving to town and ordering.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Jim wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:48 am I make my pizzas using my basic whole wheat bread recipe for the crust. Much better than the commercial white stuff. I can get pizza faster from scratch than driving to town and ordering.
I’ve been on a focaccia baking spree for several months now. I decided to try baking one with homemade pasta sauce (“gravy” per my family) - it was heaven. It’s not that hard to do and can be better than commercial pizzas.
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bodycon »

A couple of things about the French that I find interesting (apart from manners) is that they seem to have a national glasses style of their own and they are somewhat obsessed with hairdressers and Pizza.

I was in a B+B pre-lockdown, literally in the middle of nowhere and the hosts asked if I would like to join them for dinner. They took me to a Pizza restaurant, also in the middle of nowhere, and it was packed.

One of Scotland's nation shames is that we deep fry pizzas and have them with chips. (I don't partake)
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Bodycon wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:55 pm One of Scotland's nation shames is that we deep fry pizzas and have them with chips. (I don't partake)
But everything is better deep fried!

At least, that's the American way of doing things. I'm glad to hear that the deep fried pizza I had at a, ummm.. UK themed? restaurant in New York one time was authentic... I walked out of that place and it felt like a had a brick in my stomach.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

DEEP FRIED PIZZA ? ? ? ?

Just the thought of "Deep Fried Pizza" makes me want to
:puker: :pukel: :puker: :pukel: :puker: :pukel: :puker: :pukel: :puker: :pukel: :puker: :pukel: :puker: :pukel:

IF someone 'Deep Frys' Pizza, they are not right in the head :!: :twisted:

Deep Frying is for chicken, fish, potatoes, onion rings, zucchini and Scotch Eggs :D

(The best corn-on-the-cob I ever had was slow roasted, in the husk, over a BBQ flame :D )

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)