The Washington Post: Robin Givens "Harry Styles gets all the applause"

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
K_Highlander

The Washington Post: Robin Givens "Harry Styles gets all the applause"

Post by K_Highlander »

In today's (May 25, 2022) Washington Post:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... -applause/
I hope the link works
My Comment posted:
I am a male, pronouns he/him who wears skirt all the time. The point is that we should all have the flexibility to wear what we like. Skirts are more comfortable than pants and shorts, readily available at mall stores, and you don't need to buy expensive designer clothes. Admittedly the skirts and dresses we see on celebrities are too "out there" for the general public, but to each his own. Kilts have been accepted for men, so skirts are not much different. In fact my skirts are often confused as kilts. Sometimes I correct observers, other times I let it slide. Men: just try a skirt, you might be convinced!

Ken
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Washington Post: Robin Givens "Harry Styles gets all the applause"

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

Nice article.

"It’s easy to look at Styles and shrug off his quirky clothing choices as the extravagances of a performer. They are, of course. But they’re also a small triumph for those who understand not only the complexities of gender fluidity, but also the beauty of it. As a culture, there’s so much serious business to sort through as people come to an understanding of who they are and how they want to be understood. Everyone exists on a public stage. The only difference is the size of their audience. We need to be more generous in applauding everyone, not just the pop stars."
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Washington Post: Robin Givens "Harry Styles gets all the applause"

Post by STEVIE »

Myopic Bookworm wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:50 am We need to be more generous in applauding everyone, not just the pop stars."
I rather like this thinking, it would make the whole world an awful lot happier if we did.
I try to drop a random compliment and watch for a smile as often as possible.
Cheers me up too.
Steve.