Male teen and Monsoon, and apparently a discussion about non binary gender and intersex.

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Male teen and Monsoon, and apparently a discussion about non binary gender and intersex.

Post by crfriend »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:52 amTherefore, males, such as you and I who check a lot, if not all, of the other boxes are not and cannot be gender-normative or cis-gender. And, to be completely clear, not checking one box does not in any way, shape or form mean or even imply that a given male fails to check any other box. Period.
One last time. Stop being needlessly offensive by painting people you do not know into your own personal pink boxes.

You may be deep into the trans-* spectrum. I am not. Full stop. I wonder if you behave this way in meat-space.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Male teen and Monsoon, and apparently a discussion about non binary gender and intersex.

Post by Coder »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:52 amTherefore, males, such as you and I who check a lot, if not all, of the other boxes are not and cannot be gender-normative or cis-gender. And, to be completely clear, not checking one box does not in any way, shape or form mean or even imply that a given male fails to check any other box. Period.
For myself, anyways, I want to check the "gender-normative" box, but cannot for the foreseeable future because of these prevailing ideas. I'm intrigued by too many different styles, options that are unavailable to me - but this speaks nothing of my "cis-gender" nature. Sure, I could let clothes lead to transness or non-binaryness, but why should I? Why should I let my personal style drive my gender/etc...?

When it comes down to it I want to wear WHAT I LIKE. Full stop.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Over here we generally have Men's, Women's and Invalid/Baby changing rooms. What they change a baby for I've never been able to find out since they go in with one and come out with one. Usually the same one!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

MOD HAT = ON

OK people - - cool down :!: There are SEVERAL people, in this thread,
who are starting to create a verbal FLAME WAR and this must STOP :!:

IF this diatribe drivel keeps being spouted here, this thread might get locked :?:

We can all agree that compromise is acceptable. So, let's agree to disagree on these
topics and move on. Can we get this "train" back on the original track :?:

What was the outcome for the teen :?:

MOD HAT = OFF

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Uncle Al wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:40 pm What was the outcome for the teen
There doesn't appear to be any follow up but let's imagine awhile.
All dressed to kill, our cinders went to the ball in the dress so graciously donated by the Monsoon Godmother.
When those teens got together they celebrated and partied as only the youth of today know how.
That is, they did all the inappropriate and shocking things that their elders and betters have forgotten that they did on such occasions.
Damn it, youth is just wasted on the young, they just enjoy life too much.
.....and they all lived miserably ever after, i.e grew up.
Steve.