"This Indian Man Is Dancing On New York's Streets Wearing Skirts, To Make Clothing More Inclusive"

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Jim2
Distinguished Member

"This Indian Man Is Dancing On New York's Streets Wearing Skirts, To Make Clothing More Inclusive"

Post by Jim2 »

Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: "This Indian Man Is Dancing On New York's Streets Wearing Skirts, To Make Clothing More Inclusive"

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Could not get the link to work!!! :(
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: "This Indian Man Is Dancing On New York's Streets Wearing Skirts, To Make Clothing More Inclusive"

Post by Sinned »

I couldn't get a result from your link. Try this one, Fred; https://www.scoopwhoop.com/news/indian- ... inclusive/
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

OK that worked! :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Wow, I'm impressed by his style! Very good outfits and dance! I'm a bit jealous :lol:
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Damn.. he took my idea... I've been contemplating a good urban dance when I make my way through NYC later this year...

Ol' southern boy's gonna bust a move up yonder...

Hold my beer..... :wink: :lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

Wonderful!

I love the skirts: they make me think that I could experiment with (a) bolder patterns and (b) full length. The one which is full length at the back and shorter at the front is neat too. Clearly he wears trousers or shorts underneath, but that's probably the practical or comfortable way to go for some people and contexts.

I am reminded that, ever since I took up Scottish country dancing, I have always worn a kilt for it. Even at student practice sessions, when I was often the only one in a kilt apart from the dance teacher, I always felt awkward and uncomfortable trying to dance in trousers: it just didn't feel right.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Myopic Bookworm wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:51 pm...
I am reminded that, ever since I took up Scottish country dancing, I have always worn a kilt for it. Even at student practice sessions, when I was often the only one in a kilt apart from the dance teacher, I always felt awkward and uncomfortable trying to dance in trousers: it just didn't feel right.
Yes, you don't just dance in a skirt, the skirt dances with you.

I started wearing kilts for English folk dance and ceilidh many years ago and gradually progressed to skirts.  I would never consider wearing trousers for dancing now, it would feel like having a bath with my clothes on.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.