High Heel History

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

High Heel History

Post by Bodycon »

This may have been posted previously before my time as it's from 2020, but made an appearance while sifting through the BBC player earlier.

Quite a good listen.

May not be available everywhere.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/w3ct0t92
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: High Heel History

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Bodycon
Yep, an interesting listen and there is another, very similar one in the "You're Dead to Me" series.
I have to doubt the logic of Sarah Brand though, "I will keep buying high heels even though I will never wear them"?
Erm, kind of makes me identify with the bloke who said women in heels should not be allowed to vote.
Tongue in cheek before I get pounced on!
Personally, I have taken to wearing heels as I have expanded my dress horizons, just not to the extent of some of the other cafe patrons.
Call it another bit of reclamation as I have never been astride a horse in my life.
Steve.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Thanks. I hadn't heard it before. I enjoyed listening to it.
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

Bodycon wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:00 pm This may have been posted previously before my time as it's from 2020, but made an appearance while sifting through the BBC player earlier.

Quite a good listen.

May not be available everywhere.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/w3ct0t92
Listeners outside the UK may be able to catch some of these things by editing the bbc.co.uk to bbc.com
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I have acquired a pair of side-zipped ankle boots with about a 2" heel and I find that walking in them is different. My stance is forced to be straighter, more upright, shoulders back, otherwise I feel a strain on the back of my shoulders and neck. This was something I was not prepared for.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.