The New York Times Style Magazine: How Thom Browne Turned the Gray Flannel Suit Into Something Subversive

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

The New York Times Style Magazine: How Thom Browne Turned the Gray Flannel Suit Into Something Subversive

Post by Coder »

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/04/t-ma ... -suit.html

Lengthy article about Thom Brown's history - some nice (but limited) discussion of men's skirts. Honestly, though, I find the women's suit from the 2013 collection to be more interesting than the other styles presented.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The New York Times Style Magazine: How Thom Browne Turned the Gray Flannel Suit Into Something Subversive

Post by r.m.anderson »

Damn AD/subscription interrupts the picture and story !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The New York Times Style Magazine: How Thom Browne Turned the Gray Flannel Suit Into Something Subversive

Post by STEVIE »

Yup, me too.
From the single picture which looked OK apart from the weird hanging shirt tails, I could step out in that.
If I had the bucks, which I don't.
However, by this time next week, my very own version of The Suit or Skruit will finally have been unveiled.
Designers, we don't need no fancy designers!
Steve.
I could be corrected but I cannot recall such a scarcity of new posts being dropped at the cafe`.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

STEVIE wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:57 am I could be corrected but I cannot recall such a scarcity of new posts being dropped at the cafe`.
I noticed too, so posted some things to discuss.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Reached my limit on the number of free articles I could view.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by Sinned » Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:49 pm

Reached my limit on the number of free articles I could view.
Try a VPN!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Thanks Partlyscot, I have read the article now.
I find it puzzling that they use "subversive" to describe Thom Browne's work, a bit of hype I think.
The guy is a fashion designer and at the high end too, he should be original, edgy call it whatever?
I did a quick check of price and around £3,000 UKS is indicated.
At that price, the client's worst nightmare is meeting a duplicate but hardly life threatening or even changing for that matter.
I will draw your attention to the "Skruit" if you haven't already seen it in Pics and Looks.
That came in at around £300.00 UKS and all comments welcome.
Steve.