Vogue: I’m Loving Oscar Issac’s Skirts–and His Style Track Record

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Vogue: I’m Loving Oscar Issac’s Skirts–and His Style Track Record

Post by Coder »

https://www.vogue.com/article/oscar-isa ... owne-skirt

I found this article remarkable as it was fairly mundane.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Vogue: I’m Loving Oscar Issac’s Skirts–and His Style Track Record

Post by STEVIE »

Not only mundane but is it not a rather old shot?
Going to get a bit picky and no, not the socks, that seems intentional at least.
The skirt and jacket do not look as if they match? I will concede that my current optical challenges render that judgement debatable.
It could be the play of light and colour or the limits of my computer.
Given all that, he looks like he aimed for a suit and just didn't quite hit the target.
At such prices, I'd be looking for a re-fund!

Steve.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

STEVIE wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:55 am Not only mundane but is it not a rather old shot?
Going to get a bit picky and no, not the socks, that seems intentional at least.
The skirt and jacket do not look as if they match? I will concede that my current optical challenges render that judgement debatable.
It could be the play of light and colour or the limits of my computer.
Given all that, he looks like he aimed for a suit and just didn't quite hit the target.
At such prices, I'd be looking for a re-fund!

Steve.
I presumed it might have been lighting - perhaps the skirt and jacket were cut in different directions? Or perhaps different dye lots? I'm not a fan of Thom Browne's skirt suits - however I feel they are the closest to an adoptable mainstream men's skirt style for formalwear (ie, Utilikilts and their progeny are more casual) for those that can afford them... personally I think there needs to be a wider variety of style than kilt-lite, but, let them wear what they want and I'll wear what I want.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Coder wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:37 am personally I think there needs to be a wider variety of style than kilt-lite, but, let them wear what they want and I'll wear what I want.
Amen to both!
Steve,
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Sitting in a waiting room today, some Fox Channel 7 (maybe ABC?) morning program was on. They interviewed Oscar and called what he wore a "skirt suit", had his picture up on screen for a bit. The actor jokingly remarked that he would have preferred it to be shorter to show some knee, and one of the co-hosts said to the male anchor something along the lines of, "you should try that". He balked, but I don't recall his exact response. Probably able to find it on YouTube - but it was all casual almost as if it wasn't too out of the ordinary.