Variety: Sean Penn: Men Have Become ‘Quite Feminized’ and ‘Cowardly Genes’ Lead Them to Wear Skirts

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Variety: Sean Penn: Men Have Become ‘Quite Feminized’ and ‘Cowardly Genes’ Lead Them to Wear Skirts

Post by crfriend »

Spirou003 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:00 am1) Kicked his balls with my feet (not strong enough or missed them, I did see strictly no reaction on him and he have attacked two other people in the few next minutes)
From the sounds of that you weren't targetted in particular, rather this imbecile was merely out looking for trouble. Don't necessarily take stuff like this personally, but defend yourself in the event you need to. Hopefully in that situation nobody else got hurt and the coppers showed up and carted the miscreant off to jail.

A restrictive skirt will hamper some forms of actions, e.g. kicking. Sometimes it's better to get in close and use a knee instead (faster and more accurate). In short, be aware of any limitations and have a game-plan to work around them if heaven forbid the need arises. In a self-defence situation no rules apply; all you need to do is survive the encounter with as little damage as possible.

As for the small parc and fries stand, I'd be tempted to wander over, buy some fries and wish the onlookers a good day whilst munching away. Unless you live in a really insanely violent part of the world.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Variety: Sean Penn: Men Have Become ‘Quite Feminized’ and ‘Cowardly Genes’ Lead Them to Wear Skirts

Post by Spirou003 »

It was indeed not personal as you pointed out. But sadly, two people were hurt and brought to the hospital. The first will most likely not be able to use his hand anymore, the second one has been very shocked and he did took her valued stuffs.

Getting close to him and his knife while I did never fight against anybody in my life, doesn't sound like a good idea. It could have worked, or not, we'll never know. I totally agree with the "no rules apply" ;)

For the fries stand, I'm not tempted. The food will probably taste bad to me (= I ridiculize myself), their way of speaking is the same than schoolboys who used to bully me (I don't want to experience it again up to 3 times each week), I live in Charleroi which is insecure (certain street are always insecure, and almost everywhere is insecure when sun is down), and skirts are no more than an option to me so waiting to live in a better place to wear them again outside is not a problem (only a bit annoying)
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by Spirou003 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:00 am

(*) As always in fact. I don't feel good with people near from home so don't wear skirt outside. This was just a proof of my feeling. Another reason is that each (rare) time I have to go out that's the same path including one street with a small parc aside from a fries stand, most of the time plenty of grouped guys eating and looking at passers-by. The two times I was skirted it was a lot of mockeries.
None of us can accurately comment on the conditions and circumstances of another's place, nor of one's choice of attire for the setting -- but I can say that regardless of your attire, carrying yourself with confidence alone can ward off a lot of grief and mockery. Some folks take various 'self-defense' classes, and though the physical skills they gain may be limited, they will usually tell you the confidence they gain is as good or better than the ability to run, kick, yell or gouge. You don't need to 'challenge' them with a hard stare, but going about your business with aplomb can grease a sticky situation in your favor, and may even garner support from others nearby.