AP: Fendi leads Milan trends with feminine silhouettes for men

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: AP: Fendi leads Milan trends with feminine silhouettes for men

Post by crfriend »

Dust wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:24 amBTW what did you go for, shoe wise? I miss seeing your pics.
I went for my black block heels.

I took a shot or two of the rig because I was happy with it which I'll post once I get them out of the camera. It was a case of "all dressed up with nowhere to go" because yesterday was a holiday in addition to being Monday (where lots of stuff is closed here anyway following the virus debacle) and was getting set to freeze solid which was going to make driving exceedingly difficult. However, the main aim was satisfied because the simple act of getting nicely dressed made me happy, and there's been precious little of that for quite a bit.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
KenCT

Post by KenCT »

crfriend wrote:
The "pockets issue" can be worked in assorted ways including leveraging jackets/blazers for their pocket-space. Ultimately, there's noting inherently non-masculine in carrying a bag, either. The notion just takes some getting used to.
In later working years I started carrying a small zippered pouch for computer glasses, cellphone charger, a cable or two, flash drives - I didn’t want all of that in my pockets. I went on to shoulder bags, and now carry nothing in pockets at all. I wish I had all the time back that I spent emptying trouser pockets every night, and refilling them every morning. The convenience of grabbing that bag on my way out the door and knowing that I can’t forget keys, wallet, phone, penknife, etc. far outweighs any concern about how it’s viewed by others. And there’s room for extras like band-aids for granddaughters’ boo-boos. Best solution for the problem.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Carl said, “This is our fight … and we’re in it pretty much alone.”

Yes, it is our fight and as Carl had implied above it is best fought by our wrapping our cute little tushes in skirts and dresses and strutting our stuff with pride.

But, we’re NOT alone! As I’ve said on numerous occasions, 20-some states, the District of Columbia and numerous local jurisdictions have enacted their own equality acts. A good number include protections for gender expression, aka, men wearing skirts for instance. These laws didn’t drop out of the sky, they were proposed and fought for by the Human Rights Campaign, the largest and most effective LGBTQIA+ advocacy group in the US and its local affiliates, such as Basic Rights Oregon.

I belong to both groups because they are fighting for us and have delivered for us. If you’re concerned that your state doesn’t provide you with sufficient legal protection for your being a man who wears skirts, then join them and actively participate.

If you feel national protections are needed, then urge your Senator to pass the Equality Act.

At least do something constructive to move these issues forward. If you can’t be bothered to get involved, then quitch yer bitchin’! It’s tiresome.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.