Another Daily Mail rant

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Another Daily Mail rant

Post by rode_kater »

Sinned wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:55 pm Just to add further fuel to the fire: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tores.html.
I'm confused though. They keep talking about changing rooms, and it sounds as if they're communal changing rooms like you see in swimming pools for example. Where there are many people in a single space. If that were the case I'd say they have a point. But I've never seen that, only little one person cubicles.

(Btw, I like the term "Daily Wail", it's better than the "Daily Fail")
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Even Superman needs a changing room - ah er telephone booth - but alas he is going to have do it live in a cell phone mode !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

What a prude.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Andy_G

Post by Andy_G »

The problems here are:

1. The author.
2. The Daily Mail

Anything printed by these muppets is best ignored.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Andy_G wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:05 pm Anything printed by these muppets is best ignored.
Andy,
By comparison, the Muppets were quite sane and sensible, please don't insult them.
Miss Piggy may just give you some of her special attentions should you persist?
Steve.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Ah, the Daily Mail.

By cretins; for cretins.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Ray, I take exception to your remark. I enjoy reading the Daily Mail and have done for years. I also read the Express and Mirror on occasion ( but not the Star or Sun ). I don't agree with or believe everything I read in them but they are good entertainment. I certainly am not a cretin and feel insulted. Please keep you offhand remarks to yourself and your insult was not accurate.

OFFENSIVE
a stupid person (used as a general term of abuse).
DATED•MEDICINE
a person who is physically deformed and has learning difficulties because of congenital thyroid deficiency.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Andy_G wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:05 pm The problems here are:

1. The author.
2. The Daily Mail

The Daily Mail is trying to be all things to all men, so over the years, its ultra conservative prejudiced tones have been watered down by celebrity gossip, as they compete with The Sun and Daily Star. But for balance, they still throw enough articles to set off the "gammons" and "Boomers" to show what's happening in our changing world. They did write a good article on Mark Bryan last year, with lots of pictures in their defense :wink:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

new2skirts wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:29 am
Andy_G wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:05 pm The problems here are:

1. The author.
2. The Daily Mail

The Daily Mail is trying to be all things to all men, so over the years, its ultra conservative prejudiced tones have been watered down by celebrity gossip, as they compete with The Sun and Daily Star. But for balance, they still throw enough articles to set off the "gammons" and "Boomers" to show what's happening in our changing world. They did write a good article on Mark Bryan last year, with lots of pictures in their defense :wink:
I think that this is the Daily Mail article about Mark Bryan which new2skirts is referring to (link below). It's from October 2020. :wink: :)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... years.html
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bodycon »

shadowfax wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:37 pm I think that this is the Daily Mail article about Mark Bryan which new2skirts is referring to (link below). It's from October 2020. :wink: :)
Any publicity is good publicity....to a point... however the "article" is akin to the Crema on top of your coffee; it has no substance and while it tastes nice it clouds the real deal. Just reporting not journalism.

It would be great to see a proper interview of a daily male skirt wearer (pun intended :lol: ) with someone that asks why and how, not just in passing, but in soul searching depth. I imagine most men who have worn a skirt have asked themselves why, questioned their own gender and sexuality etc., then come out the other side of that process either changed to some extent or not. Open to wearing in public or just behind closed doors. Then on to fashion trends, to follow or set etc. So much could be discussed that could make a really good interesting and informative article for everyone to read.

Not sure what the P&J would make of Stevie though?
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Bodycon wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:20 pm Not sure what the P&J would make of Stevie though?
Wow Bodycon the old Press and Journal really does reach parts that other papers cannot.
For the uninitiated, the P&J was mythically famous for it's extremely parochial attitude.
It is also the oldest daily newspaper in Scotland and one of the longest running, anywhere.
I must admit that I have wondered the same thing and tried to imagine the headline.
Perhaps something like this, "Local Man Threatens Life as We Know It", or words to that effect?
However, being a shy retiring type I never tasked my PA with setting up a meet.
Bodycon wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:20 pm I imagine most men who have worn a skirt have asked themselves why, questioned their own gender and sexuality etc., then come out the other side of that process either changed to some extent or not. Open to wearing in public or just behind closed doors. Then on to fashion trends, to follow or set etc. So much could be discussed that could make a really good interesting and informative article for everyone to read.
Not as an interview but I am working on just such a piece for the Men's Network which we are in the process of establishing at work. My intention is certainly to provoke discussion and hopefully interesting with some humour too. It's a work in progress right now which should be right now but hey,
THE P&J RULES OK!
They used to do a mean crossword too.
Steve.