Warning: Cooking will turn your son gay

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Warning: Cooking will turn your son gay

Post by moonshadow »

https://news.yahoo.com/cardi-b-blasts-i ... 06401.html

So boys can't even play cook anymore.... :roll:

I don't want to be associated with this species anymore...

I quit. I'm done.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Warning: Cooking will turn your son gay

Post by Freedomforall »

moonshadow wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:21 am https://news.yahoo.com/cardi-b-blasts-i ... 06401.html

So boys can't even play cook anymore.... :roll:

I don't want to be associated with this species anymore...

I quit. I'm done.
I read this post and my memory was jogged. I was about 10 years old and was helping my mom in the kitchen. I recall my dad coming in and he was furious. A conversation similar to the artilce you posted ensued. I guess conversation is not the right word. It was a fight and an intense one. My dad had fears that mom teaching me to cook might make me a "sissy". Thus ended my cooking career chores at home and any future aspirations I had of learning to cook. However, I did secretly enroll in Home Economics in high school. I learned to cook and sew!
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Meh! Just one opinion, uninformed and stupid. Not worth giving any more thought on.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

JeffB1959 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:25 am Meh! Just one opinion, uninformed and stupid. Not worth giving any more thought on.
Yes, I have not checked out the link as the comments alert me to the contents. The mentally efficient approach is to avoid or ignore stupidity.
My father was a keen and good cook and my brother even better. I get by ok as a bush cook. Nobody we know have called us sissies but more likely appreciative of the tucker.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:21 amSo boys can't even play cook anymore.... :roll:
Yes it will. So will knowing how to sew. Unfortunately, those are necessary life skills, and as women pair off with other women because men are inferior it becomes more important than ever for a man to be able to maintain himself without a wife.

The old ways of life are long in the rear-view mirror.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

*****, that's ludicrious. Reminds me of a couple years ago when the alt-right muppets exploded over some retailers removing explicit "boys" and "girls" labels on their toy aisles, instead just putting all the toys in one place.
Ralph!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

The plus side of this is now whenever my bigoted father turns on a stove eye, I can sarcastically ask him why he's "acting all gay".

I dont get it... lots of boys played with these things when I was growing up... What ever happened to people just minding their own business?
crfriend wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:20 pm Yes it will. So will knowing how to sew. Unfortunately, those are necessary life skills, and as women pair off with other women because men are inferior it becomes more important than ever for a man to be able to maintain himself without a wife.
Apparently boys will be shamed for doing anything a girl does...

Well... girls breathe... I guess boys will have to start holding their breath.... :roll:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I must ask this question:
'How many 3,4,5 star restaurants have men as the main chef?"

Answer, MOST OF THEM!!

And where did most of them start out why in their mothers kitchen of course.

I had an easy bake oven when I was a small child and learned to really cook when my mother went to work to support my brother and myself.

SO WHERE IS THE GAY PART?????
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

denimini wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:17 am Yes, I have not checked out the link as the comments alert me to the contents. The mentally efficient approach is to avoid or ignore stupidity.
The comments at the link seem to consistently disagree with the silliness just as we do here. Not a bad sign.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Of course, everyone is well aware just how totally crass and inane that statement really is.
That is, except for the good people out there who wholly endorse such ideas.
They are truly out there and the kids have to grow up despite them.
Yeah Moon, stop the world, I just want to get off.
Steve.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Fred, if you’re referring to the Michelin star system, you’re going to struggle to find a five star restaurant. One, two or three stars is your choice - with three being the highest rating.

I’m not aware of any other star rating system.

Notwithstanding all of the above, I get your point.

Ray
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

When I read the title I thought: "Well it will at least turn him a bright pink colour", then realised it wasn't about cannibal cuisine.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.