International Skirt Day 2022

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Uncle Al

Re: International Skirt Day 2022

Post by Uncle Al »

For me, EVERY DAY is a skirt day :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :santa: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

While I am for something like this, I m not sure how one promotes it to really get it of the ground. I had mentioned some kind of MIS/skirt cafe t shirt, but it was met with opposition/ lack of interest. We now have a bunch of social media outlets, face book and YouTube. Anyone willing to make a video, or event group?
I have a idea for a short you tube video, but I don't want to be the face of MIS.

The skirt day for men has been around for a while now, but apparently just can't get off the ground.
I happened across this from 1999.

https://www.angelfire.com/md3/nancyew/MIS_Day.htm
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:18 pm The skirt day for men has been around for a while now, but apparently just can't get off the ground.
I happened across this from 1999.

https://www.angelfire.com/md3/nancyew/MIS_Day.htm
Well, the 1st of May is a much more reasonable date. Now all we need is a cool t-shirt/hat/whatever to go with it.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Well, here we have it, several days that give those of you who haven’t crossed the literal threshold to go outside in your skirt or dress a good excuse to. I suggest that if you don’t take that step beforehand, you choose whichever one of Skirt Day, Dress Day, Men’s Skirt Day or even Women’s Day feels the safest to you and make that your day to make your move.

I can guarantee it will be scary as hell; it was for me and that was after a number of midnight, familiarization forays. But SOOO worth it!

In the meantime I will do my best to pave your way by continuing to wear my womenswear every day everywhere.

Good luck!
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.