Friday 19th November 2021

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Friday 19th November 2021

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Guys
I wish to kick this off with a question and with respect leave Google in peace for the moment!
Simply, what is the significance of the date above?
Obviously, there is more than one answer but I'd sure be glad if somebody out there knows the answer which I am looking for?
Over to you!
Steve.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Friday 19th November 2021

Post by r.m.anderson »

Hun ?

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Friday+19 ... 6a34ff5341

Delving a bit further -

A Lunar Eclipse ???
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bodycon »

It's International men's day too, a good day to skirt it out and show men can be men in skirts.

10th March is a better day for that though.
trainspotter48
Member Extraordinaire

Post by trainspotter48 »

I'm playing with the date, and in American format it would seem to be 11192021, so ignoring the month digits we get 19 20 21 in sequence.
UK format gives 19/11/2021, which doesn't work the same.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

My brother's birthday.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Well these things happened on 19 Nov.
1530 – The Recess document resulting from the Diet of Augsburg signed by Charles V and catholic princes.

1620 – The Mayflower reaches Cape Cod & explores the coast.

1805 – Lewis & Clark expedition reaches the Pacific Ocean, first European Americans to cross the west.

Also this is:
National Soup Day
International Mens Day
National Carbonated Beverage With Caffeine Day
National Play Monopoly Day
Substitute Educator's Day
World Toilet Day
Latvian National day
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Amongst other things it is, as Bodycon says, International Men's Day.
Give that man a coconut.
I have spoken to lots of people this week and not one even knew that it actually existed.
At work we are trying to establish a Men's Network to mirror the women's one which is very strong and very active.
I attended the first Teams presentation yesterday and it all sounded positive and helpful for now.
There is another lesson that we can learn from the fairer sex, they are much better at supporting each other as individuals than the majority of men.
That has to be a significant factor in what they have been able to achieve over the years.
For myself, I can only say that wherever it leads, my dress sense and choices will always be there too.
Steve.
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bodycon »

STEVIE wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:02 pm Amongst other things it is, as Bodycon says, International Men's Day.
Give that man a coconut.
It is a non-event here. I shared a post from Man Down on Facebook and got a couple of "why do men need that?" replies from women. Even the theme this year was about “Better relations between men and women”, which made me a tad angry; they have their day, and yet real day to day men's issues such as mental health, suicide and homelessness are relegated behind women. (Add expletive) that!

Check your balls. Check your breasts / moobs. Get your prostate checked if at that age. Get your bowels checked if at that age.
Know someone who is lonely? Say hello. Lonely yourself? Say hello to someone....
Dying to wear a skirt? slip it on..... :D
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Bodycon wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:12 pm It is a non-event here.
That's kind of a pity but when you say "here", do you mean locally, nationally or in the Facebook multiverse?
For what it is worth, whether men need or even want it is for men to decide.
In this instance the ladies can either like it or lump it as the saying goes.
There may have been a bit of boarding the bandwagon but there was a lot of support coming from that quarter that I heard.
We shall see but yes, check all the stuff, talk and dress as you please.
Steve.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Yup, International Men's Day. I brought donuts to work. No one was aware, and not many were even in the office. I was begging people to take the things. It did lead to a great conversation with one of my coworkers about men's issues, so I'll say it was worth it.
STEVIE wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:02 pm At work we are trying to establish a Men's Network to mirror the women's one which is very strong and very active.
I attended the first Teams presentation yesterday and it all sounded positive and helpful for now.
There is another lesson that we can learn from the fairer sex, they are much better at supporting each other as individuals than the majority of men.
That has to be a significant factor in what they have been able to achieve over the years.
I've commented a bit over the years about women's groups and the lack of equivalent men's groups. It usually falls on deaf ears, so I'm very encouraged to hear about a serious one being started up new! This is a pleasant surprise.

My church has both a men's group and women's group, both are fairly solid, but more about raising money for the parish than helping the members. But a bit of support just naturally occured at the men's meetings at least, if you showed up early and socialized. The whole church took a massive hit during the lockdowns and hasn't been the same since.

In college there was a women's group that got a lot of flack from the male students, and eventually they were told they couldn't keep guys out. So they just instituted a dress code of wearing a skirt or dress to their meetings, and still had guys put something on to show up, mostly to crash the party and annoy them. I went once...

As I understand it, at one time men's organizations were plentiful. Then feminists complained and they were either shut down or opened to women. The ones that let women in generally became a shadow of what they once were. There is simply a difference in how men interact depending on whether or not there are women present. It's not dirty jokes or anything either (although that sometimes happens, but it's not what I'm talking about). I can't explain it, but it is a thing, and it's not a bad thing either. Men and women need each other, but I think we need our separate spaces as well.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Dust wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:59 am Men and women need each other, but I think we need our separate spaces as well.
This is similar to what was being discussed in my "Sacred Spaces" thread. I'd be curious to get your input.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

moonshadow wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:20 am
Dust wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:59 am Men and women need each other, but I think we need our separate spaces as well.
This is similar to what was being discussed in my "Sacred Spaces" thread. I'd be curious to get your input.
Okay, need to find that thread and get caught up. I know I saw it a while back, but I can only spend so much time here...
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bodycon »

Interesting that this is on the BBC News website today https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59421259
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Bodycon wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:56 pmInteresting
Yeah, that a Tory MP had even heard of Dr Who?
However, to ascribe the current difficulties for men to what is in essence a children's programme about as far fetched as the time lord himself.
Then to suggest that men and boys are more influenced by the "bad guys" from TV and cinema is quite an insult in itself.
It is really just another perpetuation of the myth that somehow, men are not wholly responsible for their own actions in the face of certain external influences.
Utter b*******t, but it is up to men to prove that to society as a whole but more importantly to themselves first.
IMHO Ms Whittaker is the most attractive Dr Who ever but her dress sense leaves a lot to be desired. My "Doctor" was Jon Pertwee but was he a role model in my formative years? Well no more than Adam West as Bruce Wayne/Batman was anyway!
Steve.