Edinburgh school asks boys to wear skirts on 4 November

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Edinburgh school asks boys to wear skirts on 4 November

Post by Kirbstone »

Ah Dennis, I'm not very succulent anyway so I reckon one o' them dragons would spit me out.

There was once the question asked: How did the Grand Canyon come to be? The answer is that a Scottish Founding Father dropped a perfectly good sixpence on the ground in Arizona and he busied himself searching for it.

My bro. was 80 and had Cancer, but chaemo gave him an extra 9 months of life. He's far happier now, that's for sure.
It would break my heart to lose one of my offsprings/grandchildren and I have do doubt you think about your Son every waking day. My sincere condolences, too.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bodycon »

Sinned wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:48 pm "What's the definition of a Yorkshireman?" Answer, "A Scotsman with the generosity bred out."
I get this one thrown at me a lot. I'm half Yorkshire (Holderness) on my mothers side, so doomed to the comparison. A lovely part of the country.
pleated
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pleated »

Kirbstone wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:17 pm
Tomorrow I fly to Brexitshire to attend the funeral of my own closest Brother, who passed way a couple of weeks ago. It will be my first exposure to air and train transport since Covid and I am aware just how dangerous this trip might be, but Bro. went through Dentistry with me and was my Best Man and his family want me to say a few words....Part of the plan is to avoid the worst of the hold-ups to transport Daughter and her harp from Plymouth to Hitchin, Beds for the Ceremony and back again !

Tom
Tom, I wish to offer my condolences. I hope everything runs smoothly and safely.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Tom, sorry to hear your news.

Never an easy time.

Ray
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Sorry to see that Tom, at least he is at peace now, hopefully leaving a lot of memories of good times!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!